September 11, 201214 yr comment_496361 It's an Anubias of some sort. Quite stalky so maybe not nana. Report
September 11, 201214 yr Author comment_496363 It's an Anubias of some sort. Quite stalky so maybe not nana. Thanks thats what i thought too the lfs wasnt sure thought it was a crypt Report
September 11, 201214 yr Author comment_496364 Cool looking plant bro, what ya want for it lol :sml2: Ummmmmm????? A Cockatoo? :slfg: Na there is heaps of it at east road they dont know what it is so its only 4.50 plus its 30% off plants at the mo i might go grab a whole bunch more now that its confirmed its anubias Report
September 11, 201214 yr comment_496368 Some sort of lily? I Got them in the shop. Came in from the mix bunch plants I ordered. They look quite cool and are quite fast growing under strong light. Ron Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_496402 almost certain its a ranunculus type plant (probably flammula) I think Sheepsnana has one in his tank Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_496420 We have a ranunculus down this way that we used to hook out of the river and sell to the Aucks many moons ago but it did better in cooler water and that was not the leaf shape as I recall. I am not sure of the correct name but we used to call it aquatica. Some of the Ranunculus sp. are sold in the bog plant section of the nurseries but it may be a bit early for them yet. Someone want to grow one emersed and flower it? Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_496436 My first thoughts on seeing it was a young swamp lily,have one in one of my tanks. Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_496455 We have a ranunculus down this way that we used to hook out of the river and sell to the Aucks many moons ago but it did better in cooler water and that was not the leaf shape as I recall. I am not sure of the correct name but we used to call it aquatica. Some of the Ranunculus sp. are sold in the bog plant section of the nurseries but it may be a bit early for them yet. Someone want to grow one emersed and flower it? Any idea if it does well in ~24C ? Report
September 12, 201214 yr comment_496469 does well just about anywhere, let it grow above the water and you might get some very nice flowers Report
September 13, 201214 yr comment_496529 not an anubias. more than likely a marginal plant. I had some too a while back didnt grow to well. I dont think its true aquatic. see my thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40136&p=436622&hilit=banana+plant#p436622 Report
September 13, 201214 yr comment_496548 I have not grown banana plant emersed so can't say. Caesar is pretty clued up. Report
September 13, 201214 yr comment_496551 I have not grown banana plant emersed so can't say. Caesar is pretty clued up. Its not banana plant. the common "banana plant" (not actual banana plant but everyone sells it as that) in nz is Nymphoides humboldtiana or Nymphoides indicum The actual banana plant is nymphoids aquatica and as far as Im aware it cannot be grown emersed. They are in NZ but harder to come by. I would have to say this plant in question is a marginal plant and will not thrive underwater. Report
September 14, 201214 yr comment_496756 Its not banana plant. the common "banana plant" (not actual banana plant but everyone sells it as that) in nz is Nymphoides humboldtiana or Nymphoides indicum The actual banana plant is nymphoids aquatica and as far as Im aware it cannot be grown emersed. They are in NZ but harder to come by. I would have to say this plant in question is a marginal plant and will not thrive underwater. GEEK Report
September 16, 201214 yr Author comment_497091 Darn it lol i was hoping it was anubias oh well ill give it a go Might do one submersed and other emmersed any tips on growong emmersed? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.