German Blue Rams

danval

Nice fish Karina!, Just a quick question. My female is posted on page2, this was bought as a rainbow ram, are these a different ram to these, they look different. If I get a German Blue will it be compatible are they all the same?

Here is another image:

female2.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted electric blues but could never find any so settle with the blue rams. I have had gold rams in the past too. I just want them all :P Love these fish!

Danval, I do really like yours, mine are lacking the black stripe by the eyes. Whenever i see others with the black, i think they look so much better than mine.

I would avoid it personally, most rams are tank bred nowdays and I have done them many times in pH as high as 7.8

I find its more about having a suitable diet, and make sure your water is nice and clean.

btw is there any fish in that water atm???, 0 Nitrates seems a bit dodgy unless thats your tap water

I do a lot water changes. I do use tap water.

Hey, thanks for the info on the ph, I am quite happy not to be messing with water.

The rams seem to be eating well, they do go up and down the glass a bit, thought that was an indication of inadequate water parameters.

Only bristlenoses, the tank is empty, However I am thinking of introducing Apisto (Dan) into the tank, But before that I need to make sure the water is generically right for both fish.