guy demanding refund after killing my FH....what you think?

henward

i always ask when i sell fish what tank they are going in, acclimation process and try to gauge if the buyers experience level suits the fish

have refused to let fish go until the buyer has set up a bigger or better tank system

or even refunded money then given fish away to more experienced keeper

no i was not aware it was going with discus.

i made it clear this fish will kill other fish.

i only found out when he told me later on, i was like....what?!?!

i actually dont know what happened here, it is annoying and a shame, but its hard to know how he killed it.

it was thriving in my tank and had no issues.

its ok, i told him i ain't gonna give money back! its unfair on me!

Ira wrote:

The refusal to tell you how he acclimatised it does seem to be practically an admission of guilt.

I agree with Ira.

Even I thought something wrong when he wouldn't tell you :dead%fish

Caper :P

lol. I bought a ghost fish from the albany store and it died after my drive down to palmy. Didn't ask for a refund / complain slightly as buyers should be cautious when buying livestock.

(In hindsight it was a small fish and probably should have only been bought by someone local) - but your tanks were so clean and pretty that I gave in.

No not really.

Its just something we must deal with on a daily basis with the general public.

You must judge each case on its own.

Plus a shop has a reputation to think about and goodwill to future/returning customers.

It would be far easier to say "NO REFUNDS/CREDITS" full stop.

Bit of a grey line in this area, can't exactly go to a customers house and demand to test the tank, but you cannot completely guarantee the health of a fish - although I think the health of your stock is usually of a good standard. Also depends on the sensitivity of the fish, some are more susceptible to stressful events e.g: moving tank.

Bit of a grey line in this area, can't exactly go to a customers house and demand to test the tank, but you cannot completely guarantee the health of a fish - although I think the health of your stock is usually of a good standard. Also depends on the sensitivity of the fish, some are more susceptible to stressful events e.g: moving tank.

No, you can't ask to test their tank. But if they want a refund, they can surely supply a water sample.

For me: perishable goods---if it was OK when it left you the rest is out of your control so their problem. This is why I always pack fish and reptiles well. Fish get oxygen, heat pads and are sent overnight because all of that is under my control as well. The rest is theirs.