Artwork give away

simwiz

Does he have anything good? Looking at his gallery I think I could replicate his style using a willing preschool class and buckets of finger paint.

4564382644_160x216.jpg

difference being that he probably has some long speel about the painting and what it represents and why its amazing...

Should have become an artist... I can B.S till the cows come home, AND! I can't draw/paint anything legible, not that it seems a requirement anymore...

You shall refer to me from now on as "heeblejeeble nick-nock paddy-wacker" :slfg: and I shall refer to myself in the third person...

I'm going to be rich and eccentric... :happy2:

:digH:

it seems there is little appreciation for modern art, at least in this thread :roll:

maybe its the lack of "art" that does it...

you really honestly believe that the above is worth more than the sum of its parts? (paint, canvas)

If I blew my nose on a hanky and pinned it to the wall, would it be art?

Because that's about the depth of vision it took to splat that thing together...

If I blew my nose on a hanky and pinned it to the wall, would it be art?

yes it would

you could title it "snort of derision"

and quantify the title

with "a clearing out of the mucosal pollution created by man that has choked the airways of a single individual and left him bereft of all hope of surviving in the modern world"

yes it would

you could title it "snort of derision"

and quantify the title

with "a clearing out of the mucosal pollution created by man that has choked the airways of a single individual and left him bereft of all hope of surviving in the modern world"

Jesus...

and I thought I was full of it... :rotf: :digH:

I would like to point out that art is subjective and if someone is willing to pay someone else for their "art" then more power (and money) to them. Those who appreciate the works of the mentioned artist will be grateful for the link. The rest of you should keep your opinions to yourself!

I would like to point out that art is subjective and if someone is willing to pay someone else for their "art" then more power (and money) to them. Those who appreciate the works of the mentioned artist will be grateful for the link. The rest of you should keep your opinions to yourself!

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

My point being that there are children starving all over the world (and right here in NZ, for that matter) and people pay thousands of dollars for "art" that a down syndrome preschooler with one foot and one eye could produce in 5 minutes flat, just because it hangs in some poncy studio rather than magneted to the fridge...

To be honest it sickens me that people buy into this when there are much more worthwhile causes out there... and then it doesn't look like ANYTHING!!! :facepalm:

As for opinions, it's a forum, opinion is kinda part and parcel... :roll:

Thanks Caryl for your comments, and for the rest, it is always a pleasure to have generated discussion and entertainment :)

Thanks Caryl for your comments, and for the rest, it is always a pleasure to have generated discussion and entertainment :)

Absolutely brilliant attitude.

After all, discussion is what it is all about, I suppose in that respect, the artist has been succesful... :dunno:

My point being that there are children starving all over the world (and right here in NZ, for that matter) and people pay thousands of dollars for "art"

Best you sell all your fish keeping gear and donate the proceeds to charity then. Each to their own, is what I'm getting at :roll:

Best you sell all your fish keeping gear and donate the proceeds to charity then. Each to their own, is what I'm getting at :roll:

:slfg:

That's absolutely true, my equipment for my two 60L is muuuuch more expensive than just one of those paintings