CONFERENCE 2005

minchton

When we decided to host the Conference 2005 we had to come up with a suitable theme. We chose "TIME OUT TARANAKI".

This was to become more appropriate than we ever imagined.

We organised a visit to the Abalone farm! they took "Timeout" and closed the doors :evil: .

Next was Brooklands Aquarium: MAF made them "time-out' no visitors. :cry: .

O.K. lets try catering; sweet all organised, menu good! sorry we are taking time-out find some-one else :oops: .

Bus driver arranged!! no he's taking time-out to get over a heart attack :x .

Accomodation: well nearly arranged until part closed down. More "time-out"

In spite of all this we have arranged a Conference that you will need "TIME-OUT" from after all the fun we have arranged.

Sorry about the delay but we also managed to persuade Caryl's printer to take "time-out" so delaying the Aquarium World, with initial information.

Now is the "TIME-ON" to start planning for your trip to CONFERENCE 2005

Taranaki Queens birthday 4-6th June 2005. TAPS CLUB

The FNZAS conference is mainly to host our AGM. Prices vary and will be known once the registration forms are sent out (usually in March). Costs are kept to a minimum as many attendees are retired or beneficiaries and all are merely hobbyists. Accommodation is usually in a motel but some clubs are able to offer one or 2 billets.

We meet on the Friday night informally to catch up with old friends and gossip etc. Saturday is usually the AGM itself which we try to get over with as soon as possible :wink: (by 3pm). Sometimes guest speakers are also arranged.

That evening we go out together for a meal somewhere then often arrange to meet some later in someone's motel room for a coffee and laugh.

Sunday we seem to be going on a bus trip. I don't think I am allowed to tell you where we are going (more detail is up to Minch and his team to divulge if they wish) but it is a chance for the host club to show off their province. At least one winery is on standby so some drinking will be involved. One of the other stops is a place we went to last time Taranaki was host and I, for one, found it very interesting and am pleased we are returning there.

Sunday evening is another meal out and laughs as per Saturday night. Monday we all head home again rejuvenated, happy, informed and replete (plus some of us will have prizes and/or raffles we have won)!

All you bring is money to pay for it (and a bit extra for the raffles). We are well supported by a number of aquatic wholesalers (in the past these have included places like Brooklands, Masterpet, Kongs, Petware, Petpro, and Jansen's) and they donate goods for our raffles. We have had tanks, heaterstats, books, fish food, filters, t shirts, Stresscoat/Zyme JBL Test kits etc all donated to our raffles previously. It varies each year.

Each delegate gets a 'conference pack' with a few sample packs of various products plus information leaflets etc.

We are driving up and could probably pick you up on the way through mystic. Our car seats 6 (7 at a pinch) and I think there might be 4 of us (maybe just Grant and I even).

I can't help much with costs until the Taranaki club sends out the information later. Usually it is $50 registration plus accommodation and 2 meals which are usually in the $20 - $25 range. Reg covers the bus trip, morning and afternoon teas etc.

We are driving up so all you need to do is bus to Blenheim or the Picton ferry terminal and travel with the rest of your club. We share costs with the club usually subsidising some of the fuel costs and paying for the vehicle(s) on the ferry.