could this be hole in head?

WillskE

so i just noticed that my electric blue ram developed 7 dots on his head, and ive had about 8 electric blue rams ive never seen that happened before is it a disease or just something they get?

im just not sure as on a close look it seems like its a wound but its completely symmetrical... :dunno: ?.

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

I'm sure a few years back there was a thing going on with Rams.

I had some and when they got these little things on their heads a few days later they were DEAD. I had a few that had this issue, so never bothered with them after that.

I'm sure if you do a search on here the thread will come up regarding this problem.

I'll go and have a quick look, if I find it I will let you know.

Good Luck.

From what I remember the Spots don't get any worse they are looking now.

Fish's health will slowly go down hill before it will eventualy die.

No-one ever got to the bottom of what it actually was/is as far as I know.

Didn't seem to effect any of the other fish in the same tank as the Rams.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

sigh that's alright i guess...at least it doesn't affect the others =/ what are the life expectancy of electric blues? i've had over 7of them pass few years and non seem to live pass 2years..all seem to get some kind of sickness (usually get skinny and have red stuff at poop hole) and die off

I had a few fish years ago with something similar. A surinamensis and a jurupari. They lasted for ages, nothing I could do seemed to help, they'd just get random bits of fluff sprouting from their head. One of them I put down because I woke up one morning to find they'd suddenly sprouted all over his body.

Tugged on one once and it came out in this clump...

yuck.jpg

• 2 weeks later...