Hi from Upper Hutt

joff_nz

Hi all,

I've been browsing on here for about 6 months but never bothered to sign up. I became interested in what was happening in the natives section, and a couple of weeks ago roped a friend in to go out hunting to see what's around.

We went up into the hills to follow a stream and was excited to see a number of fish which I'm totally inept at identifying as well as a couple of eels.

We went again Friday just been and also managed to find 2 koura, one about 4 cm long in the body and one about 10. Unfortunately no pictures but we plan to go up often to photograph and try to learn to identify what we have around.

I've currently got a little splish and splash 27 litre tank cycling with 2 guppies. I also have a 38l aqua one which I intend to set up once our kitchen is finished and will probably house a betta.

I do most of my forming on my tablet or phone so excuse me if my typing as errors or something has been autocorrected to an unrelated word.

Johnathon

Thanks Stella but I'd hardly say native fisho, I've only started looking since seeing the threads on here, before that I had absolutely no idea that our streams even had so much life or that there was such thing as koura. Was completely oblivious

• 4 months later...

Finally took a pic of the tank to put online.

DSCF3995.JPG

hope that works?

Anyway, current occupation - 1 young Bristlenose.

Previously had a guppy which up and disappeared and a betta which passed away due to an accident :(

Looking to re-add a betta, or maybe something else?

Hi...and nice tank :bow:

Those with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong! But betta's and guppies can have problems when put together, I believe it's the long fins of the guppies that betta's don't like. (I know that is not what happened in your case).

Take care,

Caper :P