Catching, Packing & Shipping Fish

fishy-fish

Hi all, I spent over two hours today (not to mention the 50% water changes on 3 tanks last night!) catching and packing 40 fish for shipping! :nilly: I'm always looking for ways to streamline the process, but it is quite time consuming! I am not interested in shortcuts that may jeoparadise the fish arriving alive and well, but I'm sure some of you seasoned breeders would have some handy tips that might speed things up. Today was defintely an exception. 40 fish (including some adults) is the biggest shipment for me to date. Here's a photo of todays shipment almost ready to go...

P1000548.jpg

How long does it take you to fulfill an order? If you have any tips, due share :thup:

i guess the majority of the time is catching them. if i was sending an amount like that i would reduce the water level by 50% to make it easier. I have a few buckets that i put bags of water in ready for the fish, other than that it's catch and place in a bag. did you double bag?

looks exactly right to me mate very organized and tight. i do same as smidey drop water level.i also usaully have a for sale tank and my display which nothing comes out of to make it much easier

Yeah 15 of the fish were in my 540L and although I did drop 50% water, with a 1800x600 footprint and 270L of aquatic real estate, the fish were still tough to catch! Especially the female ice blues.

My stock levels in the 540L are about right per species now so I've decided to aquascape a bit more thoughtfully and leave the fish to grow and breed. Still would mind adding a couple more species while the goings good :D

i have a couple of the large nets so when the water level is dropped i use the two along side of each other to do a drag net style capture. that gives me more chance of getting them. that only applies for the fish other than the adult dubs, they are kind of stupid and are easily caught with a slow net gently catching them.

i have a couple of the large nets so when the water level is dropped i use the two along side of each other to do a drag net style capture. that gives me more chance of getting them. that only applies for the fish other than the adult dubs, they are kind of stupid and are easily caught with a slow net gently catching them.

I have a big net and small net and go with the two net technique, but I guess I need to work on it a bit more :slfg: