Disgusting Desk Aquariums-1 day sale

Holly

HaHa I brought one for my desk. Not for fish though, I'm going to try a mini aqua scape at my work desk.

I think it would be fine with a single fish with a daily water change.

You would really put a fish in here?! Isn't the guideline for every 1 cm of fish (including the tail) you should allow at least 4 litres of water?

Going by the measurements this tank will only hold 1.4L- and that's before all the gravel is added.

I know most of the people on fnzas aren't stupid enough to set up one of these with a real fish in it but it sure worries me when I think about members of the public are buying these!

You may be able to squeeze a few native shrimp in there, that would be cool.

But I agree way to small for any fish. Plus it's going to be coldwater.

I was thinking a shrimp as well.

If your room temp could keep it up then it could be tropical.

You can't really stop amateurs from buying it and trying it. They will soon learn.

Some will give up and some may get a bigger tank and make a hobby out of it. :dunno:

You would really put a fish in here?! Isn't the guideline for every 1 cm of fish (including the tail) you should allow at least 4 litres of water?

Wooohoo, I can put a full grown pacu in my tank, they're only 100cm or so, I'll have another 10cm of fish I could in even.

A little plant and a couple leopardfish fry would probably work well. Maybe a betta.

yet in the photo its not showing there being and angel fish, a clown loach, a electric yellow and a guppy, Its showing no fish at all!

It dosent mention fish at all apart from where it references this site to find out how to care for fish

Oh sneaky sneaky, it did have a photo of a fish in their earlier but clearly they have had so many complaints they did a little bit of photo shop to make it look better.

I agree that for aquascape this could be kind cool but otherwise not so much!

There was a pic of a fish in it earlier... weird.

Someone must have said something.

I know Jennifer Hamlin sent an official complaint to 1-day earlier, this was when there was a photo of a fish in the aquarium and also a question from a customer asking as to whether it was for cold water or tropical fish. Both the photo and the question have since been removed and I'm guessing that's who they got the fnzas website from :)

I'm pleased they have tried to make this better but also hope they think before selling something like this in the future.