With, or without?

Caryl

I guess it is what you are used to - both in reference to beards and marriage.

Grant originally grew the beard on our honeymoon. Way back then (34 years ago) he was a lot skinnier and his head hair was even thicker and wavier. Having a very wide forehead and narrow chin, it gave him a very triangular look (not unlike a praying mantis, except he wasn't green). I suggested a trim beard would help even him out and give him a more rounded look. As they years have gone by he has filled out a bit and developed little chubby chops so I thought it would be interesting to see what he looked like now he had filled out more and the hair is thinner.

The whole experiment has been very interesting and reactions, or non-reactions, from friends and family, have been varied and often funny. I find I don't mind either look and still find him sexy after all these years (it takes all kinds :roll: ) :love:

He is finding the clean shaven look drafty and, along with the majority, prefers the fluff so it is now being re-grown. This will not take long! By the exec meeting next weekend he will have a designer stubble look going on :happy2:

Beard! But keep it fairly short, like in the pic. I think he looks better and younger with it.

I never really liked gotees, it tends to make people look a little dodgy or seedy to me :dunno:, and imo a mo looks way more old fashioned compared to the beard. I think the beard works cause he has warm looking eyes. His lips are thin and bottom half of the face is still quite narrow, so a beard brings the focus to the eyes more. It's always good to play on your best features :thup:.

Now I'm starting to wonder what my BF would look like with one :lol:. He better not grow one though, he's slightly younger than me, but since I look young and he looks a lot older, his friends already make fun of him for it. Apparently I still look like a schoolgirl, while about 4 years ago someone actually thought he was around 30 when he was 18. Here's an idea though, you could make your husband look older by shaving his beard, that way you can look younger next to him, perfect plan. Women always like to look younger right? :sml1: