what do you feed your big fish with

wee2

as the title. question for experienmented fish keepers.-----

What fish food do you feed your CA or SA Cichlid? what brand ? where to get? and how much? :nilly:

I currently feed my CA Cichlids with flakes (Aqua One, $ 30= 180g), cichlid pellets ( $38.50= 160G) and bloodworm ($ 4.5 per tray)

all these stuff pollut water badly and also quite dear.

I have about 25 fish in the community.

they all pick on their own favourate. none of the three kinds of food above satisfies all. also, my male Gt, female JD, and flowerhorn only eat blood worm. and my chocolates only take earthworm. :facepalm:

now my GT and JD are very skiny as they are too shy to swim hard out to grab food with other fish. they dont seem have grown over last year.

:bounce:

Cichlid gold is still my favourite for the CA cichlids too. Mix it up with a bit of chopped shrimp and Hikari cichlid excel from time to time. I'm going to experiment with NLS large fish formula when they get a bit bigger, it comes in a large bucket so is more cost effective [i think] and contains more vege matter which is good for a balanced diet.

hey mate. all above suggestions are good. if u want little fish to have a chance, try feeding them at night when the big fish are sleeping. also maybe try giving big fish a big piece of shrimp so they stuff their mouth and go off and chew it in a corner so the little fish can have a turn lol.

also, I have a small gt in with mybig fish, and have recently started feeding it hikari discus bio gold, the gt loves it, and the granules seem to be too small for my big fish to even notice its there. its also 53percent protein so will help ur gt grow faster. good luck! 8)

beef heart mix.with all the goodes. mussels..goldfish food plellets and flake mix bulk...goldfish feeders.breed buy me..some eat mice..

.bananas..cheary tomatoes..cucumber...shimps...

they get spoilt :spop: :happy2:

!drool: sounds better than my dinner

Hollywood have imported salvinis, go get some :lol:

All the GT's i have kept have got skinny, the only time i have had them thrive is if there are more than one of them. In this case the dominant one is a pig and the other fades away, remove the others and even the dominant one goes off its food :dunno:

Moral of the story keep big ones!

• 1 month later...

I have recently got 2 GT's and another JD. The new JD is more shy than the GT's. I have found that feeding the new additions blood worms when the rest are sleeping helps (prior to the lights going on). I thought blood worms were ok on the water as long as you rinsed them first?

Cichlids will generally eat anything you give them so sorry but it sounds like your fish are stressed.

and they may die, die, die from too much fat in their system

a varied diet is best for most animals

I been using for 2 years with my Big fish, guppy, cat fishy, HM Fighters etc. No problems at all.

can also make into thin patties and dry & feed as dry food also. the bits of offal can also be dried out and cut into dry food.

Aprox 90% Protein.

I FEED IT AS IN ROLL.

Throw them a bit of Watties frozen veg do you think.

NEW ZEALAND MADE.

Blend it up dry into balls great stuff. I use heaps of peas carrots pumpkin etc squash up and drop into tank.

FISH KEEPING CAN BE SO CHEAP WHEN IT COMES TO FEEDING.

It was costing me more then $80 a fort night & now $6-.

FEEDING FISH IS SO CHEAP. full of vitamins and many other great additives . Less deaths then feeding fish foods. Bigger healthier fish to. Many say making your own fish food is a higher quality then labled fish food. Watties Winna dog roll is better then home made I think ?