Yes or No... Iguanas?

jc254

• 2 weeks later...
Unless i'm reading it wrong LA, did you say the scheltopusik are legal here for pet owners? because they sound very cool

you are reading what i quoted from another source wrong :wink: i never said anything :sage:

*Scheltopusik (Ophisaurus (or Pseudopus) apodus) -- there was a pair of these at Auckland Zoo for decades but now only one is left.

they were kept in containment so were never in the public domain so not legal to keep without a containment licence

Apparently wellington zoo has imported green iguanas,as the powers that be have cleared them for importation, to containment facility ONLY. allong with *Scheltopusik (Ophisaurus (or Pseudopus) apodus) or european legless lizard.

lace monitors. and a couple of other species ,i forget wich.....

About time they got off there asses and got the ball rolling for the zoos to import.....be interesting to know who payed for the invironmental impact report and health standard....cant know :dunno:

Apparently wellington zoo has imported green iguanas,as the powers that be have cleared them for importation, to containment facility ONLY. allong with *Scheltopusik (Ophisaurus (or Pseudopus) apodus) or european legless lizard.

lace monitors. and a couple of other species ,i forget wich.....

About time they got off there asses and got the ball rolling for the zoos to import.....be interesting to know who payed for the invironmental impact report and health standard....cant know :dunno:

if the zoo did then thank the residence of wellington through their rates

Lace monitors have been here in Zoos before

But when the pair that were here died they were not replaced

much like the varieties of shingle backs and a few other bits and pieces

so if they have been in containment in the past maybe no impact reported needed as they were here and an existing orgainism prior to the 90s

• 11 months later...