apistogramma trifasciata

danval

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are making me nervous...

BTW my net breeder that has my other male in it fell down (the suction cups are crap - what a waste of $13.50 buying it) and so he escaped and he is swimming around, but the other one isn't bothering him too much and there's plenty of places for him to hide and he seems OK. I'll keep my eye on the two males though.

Caryl I might actually take you up on that offer for the spare tank and I might get some Furan-2 from the shop so if anything happens I will immediately be able to remove the fish and treat them. I couldn't bare to lose these guys after waiting a year to get them again after I lost my last ones.

They spawned again, without me knowing, because when I looked in the tank yesterday I was delighted to see that the female had a small cloud of fry around her. I caught as many as possible and put them in the net breeder. I checked on them later on and there were none in there. They must have squeezed through the netting and got eaten by the other fish :(

They spawned again, without me knowing, because when I looked in the tank yesterday I was delighted to see that the female had a small cloud of fry around her. I caught as many as possible and put them in the net breeder. I checked on them later on and there were none in there. They must have squeezed through the netting and got eaten by the other fish :(

Sorry to hear that you lost the fry Joe :( Glad to hear that you have a successful pair and good parents though.. Maybe next time siphon them into a bucket or bowl so that they don't get eaten and then pop over to Caryls and grab the tanks he has offered and stick them in that..

I have to agree with everyones sentiments on these fish they are very nice I am look after 2 pairs for a mate at the moment and they are awesome.

Have you got yourself any trifasciata? AquaWorld is having a half-price sale, and their tri's are $35 each, so you could get two pairs for $70 :)

lol no I have given up on the apistos I am sick of them "apistoing" on me I have some macmasteri and agassizi still though.. I agree I was in at aqua world and they still had some very nice tris in there and it is a good price which is why mate went in there he is setting up a nice fishroom anyway so hopefully he can breed them as well..

My big male has a fungal infection on his head so I set up the spare tank this morning that I got from Caryl. I have added some Wunder Tonic and I'm using a Xinyou sponge filter and the thermostat is set to 26 degrees. Hopefully he'll recover...

:tears:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Maybe Hamilton Water? as I use no filtration.... Fed on Frozen blood worms, and recently.. live bloodworms and live daphnia. I have them on a chest of drawers that my kids are going in and out of.... (I have 7) and they don't seem to have been put off.... I know I would have been put off with the opening of all those drawers....

I agree it could be the Hamilton water. I seem to be successful in keeping fish alive and my plants grow like crazy!

I bought an Apistogramma agazzi double red a few weeks ago and he is doing really well, grown a bit already. Sure is feisty and holds his own against the T Bars.

I would like to get some more Apisto's but need to find another bigger tank first.

Danval I hope you have another successful spawning :)

Thanks Karina. Agassizi are a very nice fish which I have had in the past. What price are they charging for them these days? I think I payed $96 for a pair some time back. They will spawn readily but I have found that their eggs are often infertile.

Thanks Karina. Agassizi are a very nice fish which I have had in the past. What price are they charging for them these days? I think I payed $96 for a pair some time back. They will spawn readily but I have found that their eggs are often infertile.

I got my little guy 3 weeks ago from Goldfish Bowl he was $29.80 but he is absolutely beautiful :love:

I was there about a week ago and they still had one.

I was told that it is very hard to come across a female being sold in the shops.

My guy loves it when my banded spiney eel curls around his body. Odd friendship that one!

I often travel to HFF myself for fish and bloodworms :)

• 3 weeks later...