High Tech Planted Tank UPDATE 06.10.2012 now closed down

si_sphinx

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

101_0654.jpg

I haven't had the co2 running on the tank for a week now because it ran out after 4 months. So I stopped dosing ferts and reduced the lighing period to 6 hours a day and I have noticed a big difference in fish behaviour.

The snowball plecos seem to be out a lot on the front glass. If you look close enough to the photo above it shows the gravel pushed back from the glass from one end of the tank to the other where the pleco has moved along it.

I will hopefully get the co2 going again next week.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a new interest in the tank today so moved a few things around.

There is also a heap new discus to look at and make the tank look awesome :thup:

I no longer dose the ferts I have. I found the fish weren't very happy, even with weekly water changes and dosing less was pointless. 2 months later and the tank is growing fine without.

I have pulled out all the star grass, I got anoyed with it over growing so fast. moved a few pieces to the right side of the tank. Now a carpet of riccia has replaced the star grass.

I pulled out all the bigger dwarf sag from the right side and distributed the dwarf chain sword a bit more to help it fill it easier.

As usual... lots of photos. I prefer to post pictures than write about it.

001-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

010.jpg

I had a fan watching too :slfg:

014.jpg

017.jpg

019-1.jpg

021.jpg

"Wasn't me... those scratches were already there, Honest".

013.jpg

This is what I see from my couch. I really need to put some better hanging wires on the light hood instead of rope :oops:

031.jpg