• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome :thup: :thup: :thup:

Cute doggie...my cats don't pay any attention to the tanks :dunno:

Caper :P

No gingers? :gigl:

Both my ginger cats love the tanks. The others couldn't care less and the dog thinks I'm crazy for talking to the fish!

Love the discus. How old are they?

Both my cats are orange tabbies. Ginger likes to get up and lay on them, Tigger likes to drink the water :sick: until I get to him!

I like my tanks but they certainly are not as awesome as this one!

Take care,

Caper

• 2 months later...

Big change happening here this weekend. This is what the tank looks like at the moment...

005-4.jpg

And now I can see what fish I have.

007.jpg

Unfortunately I am missing one snowball, one blue phantom and a few chocolate zebras. No traces of them were found :tears:

010-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

but on the positive side, I have 4x the amount of needle leaf than what I put into the tank. And my frilled and normal java ferns have grown huge compared to the little plants I put in.

006-3.jpg

I will update with more photos as the tank changes.

What is the "pleco" (don't know the right name :oops: ) on the glass, the first pic after the discus?

It is a Snowball Pleco LDA33

After a good clean out of all the plants....

...this is all I found of the missing Snowball Pleco :tears: , I think it is the pectoral fin bone?

005-6.jpg

004-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

I have ditched the messy jungle look to my tank and made it more simple.

I only have half the amount of ferns in there now. And before anymore people ask for plants, they have already been given away :D Your too slow.

This is where its at now...

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

The water is still very cloudy but should clear up in a few days also will take a week for the plants to stand back up.

Next weekend I will be going to get some sand from the beach to cover the gravel.

I just wanted a change. I get bored of looking at the same thing for too long. And I enjoy working in my tank and creating things.

If I was half as skilled as you, (and had enough funds) I would be doing the same I guess. Beautiful looking fish dude, wow.

• 2 weeks later...