Another large aftershock in ChCh

Adrienne

Gareth and Dena said it felt huge to them in Belfast and it even upset the dog, which the others haven't. They had to take her out of her crate and let her run around outside for a minute before she would calm down.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lost a bit of water here at home in bryndwr but nothing fell over i had just hopped into bed and got comfortable but got out of bed pretty quickly. i have just started a new job which is out in hornby and the damage there was worse than the sept or feb quake heaps of stuff fell off shelfs lights fell down and a massive 5m2 deisel heater moved six inches from the wall and disconnected from the flue

For those not living in Christchurch I have produced an emergency guide not found in the back of the yellow pages.

Mag 3 - 4. Not even worth getting off the toilet, until you're finished.

Mag 4 - 5. Clench your buttocks, but don't leave your seat. It will pass.

Mag 5 - 6. Get off your seat and head for the doorway. Do not exit the building. That window, brick or tile you replaced after the last one will fall down again.

Mag 6 - 7. No need to get up. Even if you manage to stand you're going to be face down on the floor before you take a second step. Think good thoughts and try and remember where you last saw the shovel

:digH:

Didn't think it felt that bad, more than enough to get your attention...But I didn't think it was worth running around screaming, "Get in the doorway Ira, Get in the doorway!" "Oh, alright...Oh, wait it's over." :slfg:

O have offically decided until either the earthquakes stop or we move away I wont be setting up any new fishtanks. and that could be a while away, unless we decide to move. things are getting rather stressful now. it was ok at the beginning but now its time to start a fresh. its mainly all the drama that is stressing us all out now. :digH:

O have offically decided until either the earthquakes stop or we move away I wont be setting up any new fishtanks. and that could be a while away,:

+1

Unless eqc pays out on the two - I'd quite like to get the fish back into proper sized tanks at some point really... anyone having serious thoughts about moving?