HOLY GRAIL - what is your holy grail type of tank and fish

henward

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to find a picture that accurately describes my dream tank, but I imagine it would look something like this:

http://perthaquariumpublic.powercreations.com.au/images/perthaquarium-127--eisee.jpg

Except it would be a heavily planted African type tank with bichirs, leaf fish, elephant noses, etc and it would ideally a room-divider, not just stuck in the wall.

Then, I saw this:

http://www.newhouseofart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/unique-aquarium-living-room-table-476x400.jpg

I think if it was at eye-height level instead, it'd be neat to have a tank you walk all the way around!

Mine is so holy grail that I don't think it exists, cant find a pic of it, so just use your immagination.

its a super duper long tank that serves as a divided wall, in it there is many different kinds of plecos, I just love any type of pleco. It will also have a beautiful big school of clown loaches in as well. That is all, I am not asking much am I :slfg:

Ill start itoff.

Aro Comm with high grade aros and monsters.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/dimfer/arowanas%202008/sep08_1921x.jpg

posta pic of your dream tank setup

Sorry henward, not that impressed! The aros are high grade but the owner didn't put any effort into the aesthetics of the tank.. :yaw1:

Mine is still a nice big tank, one nice piece of driftwood in the middle, maybe a ray or two, one blue base xb gold aro with completely black background and black silica sand. Let the fish do the talking! :sage:

eyah i guess wasnt that in particular, that style, aro comm is my holy grail.

black backgrounds black gravellike mine.

really i would take my tank, make the size 4000 litres, awesome filtration, probably ultima filters.

then 8 aros,.

1xsilver, 1x black, 1x green, 1x rtg, 2x red, 2xxb (maybe 1x jar) have the whole set.

maybe 5000litres:D

eyah i guess wasnt that in particular, that style, aro comm is my holy grail.

black backgrounds black gravellike mine.

really i would take my tank, make the size 4000 litres, awesome filtration, probably ultima filters.

then 8 aros,.

1xsilver, 1x black, 1x green, 1x rtg, 2x red, 2xxb (maybe 1x jar) have the whole set.

maybe 5000litres:D

Lol, good luck with the aggression! My other fear with an aro comm tank would be feeding time, some will definitely lose out in the fight for food and there will be scales and blood everywhere lol..

if i had the money, actually... WHEN i have the money.. i would like to have several large fish tanks around my (large) house, and a monster one outside, which are all connected by water filled clear tubing (perspex? pvc? acrylic?) coming out of the tanks, up and along the ceiling, and through to the other tanks. different sized tubes could be used to restrict large fish to tanks reserved for small fish. pipes could be drained to clean, and suction could be used to refill. thus you would have fish swimming over your head all through the house. i wonder if they would follow you around while you're doing the housekeeping. imagine when it came time to find a particular fish.. you would have to search all your tanks and a maze of tubes to find it..

hmm... maybe that's not so much my holy grail, but more of a MFS victims wet dream... (no pun intended) haha

at the end of the day, all i want is a fish tank that is big enough and set up well enough to make all my fish (and future fish) feel completely at home.

mine would be a 12ft reef tank 12x2x2 would do , in wall with a small room behind it to keep the sump and all the equipment everything would be computer controlled and it would be more about the equipment than the livestock as thats my main interest in fishkeeping

i was think of this today actually :facepalm:

i would have a room with 2 tanks in it one would be 8ft long X 2 1/2 ft wide X 2ft deep, this would be heavy planted discus tank ,with presurized co2,MH , with a a school of 200+cardinals, and heaps of dwarf chiclids and every type of cory and bristlenose, then on the other side of the room a 12ft long X 4ft wide X 2 1/2 ft deep with really fine coffee grit black gravel , this is an aro tank with a couple of nice aros (golden, vip red, green) only 4-6 tho cos i dont want top much competion, also with some oscars, borneo tigers,geos, and some BIG clown loachs and some of the fancy plecos :nilly: :thup:

I got to build mine! it is called the Genesis Freshwater Aquarium at the Tongariro National Trout Centre! :happy1:

Furthermore, I didn't have to pay for it or maintain it! :happy2:

However it is not in my house, or even my town :facepalm:

This is the kokopu tank there:

http://www.youtube.com/nznativefish

and the stream tank running down the middle, with the mudfish on the left

P4090088.JPG

kokopu:

P4090075.JPG

inanga:

P4090091.JPG

There are 10 tanks is total, the smallest is 1.5m long 8)

(my video but not my photos)