May 29, 201115 yr comment_437070 Hi everyone, My name is Holly, I'm a Veterinary Nurse based in Sunny Dunedin I've had goldfish for around the last 5 years who were living quite happily in a 30L tank on top of my fridge, well it turns out I must be doing something right, because these are the fish that just won't die! Previous to these guys my fish keeping record wasn't fabulous. Anyway, the time came for them to move onto bigger and better things, which resulted in a nasty case of MTS, much to my husbands disgust. I now have 3 tanks, 1 x 30L which I have a few guppies in who had their first lot of fry yesterday (proud moment!), 1 x 90L with my 2 mammoth sized goldfish and then my 215L community tank with a real mix of tropicals. I have another tank on the cards and sometime soon am hoping to develop a grand plan of exactly what I want to have set up. I love the idea of setting up lots of breeding tanks, I have previously breed Labradors and figure fish has got to be a whole lot easier than having 8 puppies chasing you around! These things take time, and money unfortunately, but watch this space! I look forward to chatting with you all in the future. Holly Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437072 Welcome! May I suggest you update your personal details to show you live in Dunedin? May be helpful in the future Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437073 Hi and welcome Holly. Hopefully your husband will come to enjoy the fish too. More relaxing than puppies! Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437074 Look out! Crazy fish lady! :gigl: Shall we start planning the fishroom for the new house? :happy2: Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437075 Welcome! May I suggest you update your personal details to show you live in Wellington? May be helpful in the future :sml1: haha thought she was in Dunedin? :slfg: Report
May 29, 201115 yr comment_437076 :sml1: haha thought she was in Dunedin? :slfg: :facepalm: Really have not been onto it today! Report
May 29, 201115 yr Author comment_437078 Cheers for the heads up on the profile guys! I'm sure I will work out this whole forum thing in no time Crazy Fish lady indeed Jen, the house I showed you yesterday has a fantastic rumpus type room downstairs, the walls are lined with fantastic solid shelves that are currently used for storage. I bet you know what I'm thinking! A certain someone thinks he will be having himself a wonderful man cave, lets just say he better be willing to share with lots of fishy friends :happy1: Report
May 30, 201115 yr comment_437218 hi & welcome. with the fish you already have the new tank could only be african cichlids but i would say that :sml2: Report
May 30, 201115 yr comment_437291 Welcome and enjoy your time here. Don't forget the aquatic plants and leave enough room for the reptiles. Report
June 19, 201115 yr comment_441286 hahaha holy we will look after that mts you have im sure we can help hubby with his cave :digH: but the fishroon sounds better :rotf: Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_441432 Welcome Holly I am not too far away from you Waihola I have a 450ltr Cichlid tank with a pair of Golden Bristle noses which have just had some baby's my first lot so exciting they are still working their way out of their sacks should be here by the end of the week cheers Joy Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_441485 fish girl, have u heard there is a fish club in dunedin? :bounce: Report
June 21, 201115 yr comment_441648 No I didn't know there was a fish club in Dunedin where abouts is it Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.