The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is sitting on the couch with a overfull tummy and my eyes wanting to close for a nice nap. Kids are enjoying their new presents and husband is getting everything ready for us to go on a fishing trip tomorrow morning. I am exhausted, next year we will have a bbq for mains and a watermellon and Caryl's trifle for desserts :)

Spent the day with family. Presents from Santa and Mum+Dad in the morning, from gran in the afternoon, big nana nap for me also, then lamb/ham for dinner now back home for an early night. Big day at work tomorrow. Since its a public holiday there is no stock team to change all the signage for the boxing day specials so all us trainee managers get to do it :sml1:

Was it a christmas present? Library can't buy in the other copies as it's out of print.

In other news I am the fish-mother of 13 CPD eggs, breeding thread updated and appropriate number of bouncing doobries added.

In other other news I am now off work till the 4th :spop:

In what way? I had The Book Depository recommended to me by several people and I have been using it with no problems whatsoever. I am about to order another lot of books from there as it is cheaper to buy them new from there than buy the same books second hand from Trademe :roll:

Got the lawn mowed this morning then biked to town and back and got the washing in just before the rain started :happy2:

Has anyone had their TB vaccination? And does it hurt like everyone says? I saw Vervos discus thread about it

It's not a huge thing in NZ, but I really should go get it, I wish my parents got it for me when I was young. My main concern is that it's going to hurt when you get the shot, my mum and dad, uncles, aunts all said it really hurt. I'm normally OK with pain, but injections get on my nerves. I feel light headed just sitting here thinking about it.

I have had it and it hurts but no more than any other injection. Kind of like someone poking you in the arm, or a sort of ache, for maybe 5 seconds. If you look away you'll probably only feel when they put the stuff into your arm, which is the achey bit. A wasp sting is more painful I reckon.

Mcrudd I thought you said your husband was organising a real fishing trip :digH:

Phew, maybe I should go and get it then. :nilly: :sick: don't like seeing the needle before it goes into your arm still, gives me the shivers.

Next times go to the doctors I'll enquire, as I'm off to Singapore soon, and from my readings they have TB over there, so I may (not) get it before I go. But Singapore is supposed to be quite hygienic? Meh.

@Pheonix, I think so, I got no scar/mark like my parents so I'm taking I don't have it.

Has anyone had their TB vaccination? And does it hurt like everyone says? I saw Vervos discus thread about it

It's not a huge thing in NZ, but I really should go get it, I wish my parents got it for me when I was young. My main concern is that it's going to hurt when you get the shot, my mum and dad, uncles, aunts all said it really hurt. I'm normally OK with pain, but injections get on my nerves. I feel light headed just sitting here thinking about it.

When i went to china i got all my injections up to date, if i recall i had 4 at a time 2 in each arm. TB was one of them, It didn't hurt.