The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just back from a trip to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned...... interesting time being under the vibrating ultrasonic thingy.... now my teeth are almost sparkling but my gums are a bit tender. She got stuff off that had been there as long as I could remember :happy2:

Fluffington Post:

http://thefluffingtonpost.com/

Rabbit Defends Controversial ‘Bridge to Nowhere’

Dubbed the “bridge to nowhere” by local media, the controversial public works project connects one patch of grass in the backyard to a similar patch of grass a few inches away. The project has come under fire by media pundits and watchdog groups who call the bridge frivolous and a waste of the nearly $3.7 million it cost to construct.

Now prominent businessbunny and philanthropist Walter Hoppington has come out in favor of the project. ”The bridge is a vital link between two distinct backyard economies,” reads a statement from Hoppington’s spokesperson. ”Plus, it’s really fun to climb on. “

tumblr_m92t6bAAaO1qdedm3o1_500.jpg

I'd like to eat rabbit but unless you can catch one yourself they are really expensive. You'd think they'd be cheap like chickens

Chickens are easier to catch, therefore cheaper. My brother used to get paid to hunt rabbits on a dairy farm, then he'd sell off the skins/fur and cook the meat. Easy money, easy stew.

Rabbits do not convert food to meat as well as chickens so are dearer to produce commercially. A 5 week old rabbit would not make a very big stew.

There has been more research done with chickens, so they have hormones etc to help the chickens along. I'm sure with enough interest, they COULD do the same with rabbit. But hey, if everything tastes like chicken, why not save the research money and just have chicken?

Trying to buy a car between $3k and $4k, didn't think it would be so difficult to find something that I want.
What are you after? I scored a 1994 Lancer GLXI in really good condition, two owners 140k on the clock for under $2.5k 8)

I paid 10k for my Subie, but it's reliable. It may take 3 years to pay off, but I know it will work without issue for at least those 3 years.

My sister has bought 6 cars in the last year alone. All under $4k, none of which last more than a few months. Not surprisingly, none of her cars are reliable and she sells them off to help pay for the new car.

The one off payment is well worth the peace of mind. She got a piece of... junk (kiddie filter)

I know someone whose aging mother is going to give up her 1986 Mitsubishi Mirage that is in pristine condition and has only done something like 50k mileage, the good old 'one lady owner' car that has lived in a garage all its life. It's old but if you wanted cheap and in good condition for its age send me a PM and I put you in touch with them.

I'm wanting a station wagon or a longer hatchback, something I can fit my bike and speargun in. The mechanic I talked to, told me a whole bunch of cars to stay away from like the mazda capella and said that anything Toyota should be alright.

Can't really borrow Anymore money, I have $5k for a car but I'll pay for insurance and a few driving lessons from that too.

I think with all cars you need to assess their condition and past use as best you can, it isn't ok just to go for a brand. I know Toyota are the reliable brand but doesn't mean someone hasn't driven it into the ground. Cars with tow bars especially have the potential for having a tired gear box or ruined clutch and back suspension. Plus I found second hand Toyotas can tend to be overly expensive compared to others, though they seem to hold their value better.