December 10, 201114 yr comment_464304 Someone should have told that boy to sit down! :roll: At least they were all having fun. I have just realised it is my wedding anniversary today so happy anniversary to me. 34th I think :-? One day Grant and I will actually remember it. It is my mum's fault as she usually reminds us but obviously has forgotten it herself :facepalm: Here is the pond as of a few minutes ago... The plants have grown a bit since the beginning eh? Here it is in Nov 2007. All the parents were motioning for him to sit down. Yes they did enjoy themselfs, my daughter has more rythm than me LOL. It will be our anniversary 14th (have to remember myself no family here) on the 20th Dec. Ooooh with all your lovely plantgrowth where am I going to swim now LOL Report
December 10, 201114 yr comment_464314 Wriggle through the oxygen weed and you get a massage at the same time Report
December 10, 201114 yr comment_464325 Wriggle through the oxygen weed and you get a massage at the same time sounds like a plan. Spa treatment while having a nice swim with the fish :love: Report
December 10, 201114 yr comment_464340 Nice pond Caryl :thup: :love: Went up to palmy today, watched my cousin do his black belt. A solid effort all round, at first you break one wooden board (broke it first time, and then the next two who were also grading, didn't break it first time, just made you look better ), then the second Dan going for his third Dan, breaks three tiles with his fist and then is like POW and breaks three wooden boards with his foot. Report
December 11, 201114 yr comment_464399 Gave my frogs away to a friend, she has a nice pond with good shelter. I hope they enjoy it. bye bye :love: Report
December 12, 201114 yr comment_464469 my new mini fish are so hidey that since I put them in their tank I have only ever seen 3 out of 5 out together, even then it was a coincidence because they were trying to hide when I saw them :sml2: . Have beefed up their plants and still no change so I am happy to leave them be and hope they feel braver in a couple of weeks. They are eating at least, I gave them some daphnia which had disappeared the next day. In the shop they were very nervous indeed, I would have thought they were practically unsellable to someone who didn't know what they were. I am consoled by the fact that there is still an empty cell left in the tank where I feel (hope) I could pop in some CPDs for a few days and get some fry. :spop: Report
December 13, 201114 yr comment_464521 Not quite son in law and not granddaughter came over and washed the outside of my windows for me while their dog raced around in circles - round lawn - into pond- out of pond - round tree - round lawn - into pond - out of pond - round tree etc etc etc. Needless to say, one patch of lilies is not looking as good as it did in the photo taken a few days ago before a certain border collie/labrador? X 6mth old pup leapt in it :roll: I managed to bike into town and back. First time on my bike since injury almost 6 months ago so pleased I can bike again :happy1: Have been carefully washing inside of windows and wiping down a few mould spots on the aluminium frames. Tomorrow will be the start of a couple of baking days as I start preparing for my dad's 80th party on Saturday. :love: Report
December 13, 201114 yr comment_464572 in other news, 4 of my 5 CPD fry have disappeared without trace... only the big one left and some daphnia. Who ate who? Could a spherical ramshorn snail (as opposed to the flat sort) have eaten my fry? It wasn't very big, maybe 5mm round. Since the HideyFellows are still hiding I am now FORCED to put some CPDs in to breed again. Seems that the rasbora experiment came to nothing so far. Very tempting to put them in with the loaches for a bigger shoal. :nilly: Report
December 13, 201114 yr comment_464591 i been packing for my holiday cant wait roll on sunday :happy1: Report
December 14, 201114 yr comment_464655 Had 2 eldest not-grandchildren with me today. We were baking for my dad's 80th birthday party on the weekend. I am running out of cake tins! Did double lots of peanut brownies, Milo biscuits, ANZAC biscuits, afghan biscuits, shortbread and 2 sultana cakes. Tomorrow we do the rest of the cakes and slices - fudge cake, Louise cake, tea loaf and something else I can't think of offhand. Friday I will do cupcakes, sponges and wok's chocolate cake recipe. The kids also set up and decorated the Christmas tree. Report
December 14, 201114 yr comment_464736 I found this video on youtube and I just can't stop watching it! It is so cool! I love the little shrimp. It's so cute :love: I wish we could get them here :tears: Report
December 14, 201114 yr comment_464739 We can get shrimp just not red ones,Black ones, Blue and Black ones or yellow ones, we can just get clear ones. Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464749 Yeah but they can only be kept at 20C maximum, and my tank's 26-28C. No chance of them breeding in my tank! Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464766 Yeah but they can only be kept at 20C maximum, and my tank's 26-28C. No chance of them breeding in my tank! I've got a tank full of them at 26C. Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464774 Do they breed at 26C? Also do they eat alage like cherry red, crystal red and amano shrimp? Report
December 15, 201114 yr Author comment_464778 They do eat algae but they need to go to sea to breed. It's more about the dissolved oxygen in the water than the temperature. Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464785 Huh. The ones I had at about 24C all died while a slow acclimation. About a degree a week... On a side note can we get pellia in NZ? Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464786 my shrimp lived for almost a year in the loach and rasbora tank, at least 24-26 degrees Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464788 @ Squirt, Sadly no. Why can't we get anything cool in NZ? It sucks looking at all the tanks overseas and drooling over all the cool plants, fish and invertebrates and knowing that I will most likely never be able to keep any of that cool stuff unless I move overseas which I really do not want to do. Maybe I should work for MAF biosecurity or something like that and get a degree at Uni for it and do that for a living? I could then maybe have my own quarantine facility and make it really cheap to get stuff imported... Yeah, wishful thinking :roll: Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_464789 maybe you should realise we do get lots of cool fish and critters already and not waste brain cells drooling about grass being greener :dunno: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.