May 16, 201115 yr comment_434999 Hi all! No idea why it took me so long to come across this forum :facepalm: but I'm here now so all is well! I got my first tank (a 28L aqua one) only 6 months ago and have quickly become addicted to the hobby and upgraded several times already! Looking forward to learning heaps more and meeting everyone Also, for some reason I'm unable to view pictures on here, they just come up as small orange squares :tears: any ideas on fixing this? Report
May 16, 201115 yr comment_435027 Hi and welcome about the orange squares: Don't use internet explorer, try firefox, chrome or opera. if that is not an option you could try with javascript off, but that brings other problems... http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52344&sid=9815605c49c69a3f3511fc7361e6071a Report
May 16, 201115 yr comment_435041 welcome! I use firefox and have no probs with viewing pics. It's been a long time since I used IE. That reminds me , I need to put Firefox on sons netbook, he's hating the I.E Report
May 16, 201115 yr Author comment_435043 Thanks, will try firefox now :happy2: edit: woohoo!! success!!! :happy1: Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435102 Welcome. I too got the orange squares, thanks to the latest IE update. I changed to Chrome but didn't like it (although it worked) and am now using Firefox. Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435105 Welcome Thought about joining the Auckland Fish Keepers Association? We have meetings on the second tuesday of every month Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435107 Hi and welcome Welcome Thought about joining the Auckland Fish Keepers Association? We have meetings on the second tuesday of every month I agree would love to see you there Report
May 17, 201115 yr Author comment_435152 Hi and welcome I agree would love to see you there Might look into it I have a broken wrist at the moment so I can't drive anywhere :oops: Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435167 Might look into it I have a broken wrist at the moment so I can't drive anywhere :oops: Had your full for over two years? I'll take you! :nilly: :lol: Report
May 17, 201115 yr Author comment_435177 Had your full for over two years? I'll take you! :nilly: :lol: Don't even have my full yet :oops: Not that I'd have a car to drive lol. Gotta love being 18 and broke! :facepalm: Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435179 Not that I'd have a car to drive lol. Gotta love being 18 and broke! :facepalm: I'm 17 and broke :lol: Report
May 17, 201115 yr Author comment_435183 I just moved within walking distance of animates botany does not help matters! Report
May 17, 201115 yr Author comment_435200 Anything I can't get of trademe I look for at hollywood or animates (the later being much much easier to get to). I can never resist if they have a particulary pretty betta or guppy in! :lol: Report
May 17, 201115 yr comment_435203 If you're a sucker for nice bettas, never go to Adriennes(user on this forum). Hers simply are the best !drool: :sml2: Report
May 17, 201115 yr Author comment_435208 yeah I've been looking at pics of hers !drool: I'd never seen colours other than red, blue and turquoise before Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_435543 animates isn't cheap :an!gry I'd stick to HFF if i were you :roll: Report
May 20, 201115 yr Author comment_435568 animates isn't cheap :an!gry I'd stick to HFF if i were you :roll: I would if I could, it's much funner to visit! But it's a bit out of the way for me. I buy all my equipment off the HFF website though, it often it works out to be even cheaper than trademe and their delivery is super quick! Report
May 21, 201115 yr Author comment_435685 Any pics of your tank? I just moved house on friday so the only stuff in my tanks at the moment is gravel and driftwood :facepalm: I'll take some when they arnt in such an embarassing state. Here's an old picture of my first ever tank though I got it at the begining of this year for my animal care course and I quickly became addicted to fish keeping from there. Report
May 21, 201115 yr comment_435686 Not bad for a first tank, I would recommend getting some dwarf cichlids - they are super cool and have a great personality Report
May 21, 201115 yr Author comment_435688 Thanks for the advice I might look into them. I'm getting a third tank tomorrow and havent decided what I'm putting in there yet. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.