May 8, 201115 yr comment_433622 :nfs: cant wait to see the discus... fully planted will be amazaing... Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433631 :roey: 8) :slfg: haha now now boys. That tank is going to look awesome planted up. can't wait to see it finished Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433641 Should be able to make something pretty sweet with this size tank :thup: Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433644 I reckon put some red whiptail cats in there, the red colour would go well against the green plants. Report
May 8, 201115 yr Author comment_433667 Well I've got to say, I do have a bit of a crisis every now and then about whether I should perhaps fill it with Incisus rainbows, and maybe sell my Discus. But I'm really attached to one of my discus, so have to keep school numbers. You know what this means guys. Another tank, exact same dimensions, other side of the room. 8) Report
May 8, 201115 yr Author comment_433672 And the rainbows and discus couldn't mix? Ive tried this before, and it didn't go terribly well. The rainbows are so fast and highly strung that they stressed the discus out. In saying that though, it was in a smaller tank. I'm going to give it a shot though, and see if it works this time. Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433687 ahhhh now I know who you are. are you gonna put some ambulia in there :happy1: Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433689 ahhhh now I know who you are. are you gonna put some ambulia in there :happy1: Now you click? :lol: Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433692 Very tidy - Is the glass that optiwhite stuff or is it just nice n clean? Report
May 8, 201115 yr comment_433696 I'm going to give it a shot though, and see if it works this time. I'd seriously think twice about it if you've had problems before, in a tank of that size full of plants its going to be a mission to catch anything once its in there. Its not impossible though, just very stressful for all involved (fish and people!).. Report
May 8, 201115 yr Author comment_433701 Now you click? :lol: lol. Hold a second how do you both know who i am? I know it's from Animates but... A-town are you at Henderson? Report
May 9, 201115 yr comment_433721 Wow this is going to be an amazing tank set-up thread and I think your tank is incredible and I can't wait to see it planted :bounce: Well I've got to say, I do have a bit of a crisis every now and then about whether I should perhaps fill it with Incisus rainbows, and maybe sell my Discus. But I'm really attached to one of my discus, so have to keep school numbers. You know what this means guys. Another tank, exact same dimensions, other side of the room. 8) Keep the discus they will look awesome in that tank For shoaling fish I think Espei Rasboras will look lost in that tank because it is so big and you will have to buy heaps before they're noticable. I reckon that you should go for the rainbows or get some Hemigrammopetersius caudalis or some Congo Tetras. I have kept the H. caudalis before and they are very active and are really cool so I reackon you should try some in this tank Report
May 9, 201115 yr Author comment_433738 I know all Hahaha. Creepy And oooooh I completely disregarded the Congos. Hmmmmm. I may think about this one. I might just prefer to just have the Discus as the feature fish. The congos might detract from them a little bit. Although, this is the first time ive had something this big, so im not sure, the dynamics of it might look quite different. I do love the espeis. And theyre cheaper than cardinals! Fantastic schoolers too, which is actually their biggest drawcard for me. And yeah Im not sure about the Incisus. When I use to be at Mt Eden Animates the Bosemanis in the display discus tank were no trouble whatsoever. But boy did these Incisus make a fuss. Anyone had any experience with temperaments of Bosemanis/Incisus rainbows? Also, David R, Im totally loving the short stand already. So much better than the heights Ive had previously Report
May 9, 201115 yr comment_433746 How about a chocolate fish? You could feed it buttons and hope it lays cadbury creme eggs Report
May 10, 201115 yr comment_434033 What about having bleeding heart tetras? they look good and aren't big enough to take away from the discus but are still big enough so that you can still see them in a big tank. About the rainbows I have had both incisis and bosemanis together and they have been fine, awesome fish. Report
May 10, 201115 yr Author comment_434046 Okey dokey. So I popped a bucket of water in today to see how level the beast is (dont have a proper level = fail) and its 7mm out on one end. Obviously this isn't a true measure, as it will change a bit more once its completely full, but what do you guys think? To shim or not to shim? I'm thinking shim to be on the safe side... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.