Quotes

Bishop

Inspired by other current events, I find some solace can be found by reading ramblings of great men.

Not really the place for Terminator quotes but it is a free society so what ever floats your boat :)

My favourite of all time has to go to Mandela.

Partial quote

"I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter;

I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that

after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."

Nelson Mandella.

Enjoy and quote away.

"My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But ah my friends, and oh my foes, it gives such a light!"

Not sure who wrote that actually, but it was Roald Dahl's favourite quote and he's my favourite author, so lol.. (95% sure I quoted it correctly as well! :smln: )

The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.

Aleister Crowley

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” - Dr Seuss.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by its breathtaking moments.

Not so much a quote but I've always liked:

Dinner party which Winston Churchill was attending.

Unknown Woman said indignantly: "Mr Churchill, I do believe you're drunk!"

Winston Churchill was heard to reply: "Yes Madam, and you're ugly, but in the morning I'll be sober".

That was Bessie Braddock, he was right too she wasn't a hottie.

bessie_braddock_home2_203x152.jpg

Some good quotes.

Another one from Churchill.

"When nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong."

"If you want to be a grocer, or a general, or a politician, or a judge, you will invariably become it; that is your punishment.

If you never know what you want to be, if you live what some might call the dynamic life but what I will call the artistic life,

if each day you are unsure of who you are and what you know,

you will never become anything, and that is your reward."

(Stephen Fry supposedly quoting Oscar Wilde, but I can't find the original)

Kinda Controversial. (It is no my intention to Offend Anyone, i am sorry if i do.)

“He who begins by loving Christianity more than Truth, will proceed by loving his sect or church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all”

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Inspired by other current events, I find some solace can be found by reading ramblings of great men.

And women?

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Find out who you are and do it on purpose."- Dolly Parton

"Being powerful is like being a lady;

If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher