L140 Breeding log

Joshlikesfish

I've just bought 6x L140 off of David R. Awesome fish. One decent sized what looks to be male.

For those of you that don't know what they are, http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... es_id=1392

I'm hoping to get them breeding. They're about to go into my (Well SamH's) 90x40x40.

The tank is being ran by a 2000lph external sunsun, 100W aqua one heater, a fluval internal with no media and hidden under a massive rock pile for extra flow(the 1000lph one), another small internal with an air pump running in it for increased oxygen levels and a small HOB that will be removed soon as it was just to clear the water.

The tank will probably have low light and I may add peat to the water.

100_0225640x480-1.jpg

100_0226640x480-1.jpg

100_0227640x480.jpg

100_0228640x480.jpg

Thanks to David R for the fish and almost all of the driftwood :hail:

Also thanks to SamH for the rocks :lol:

Feel free to tell me what i'm doing wrong :wink:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone :D

Nobody going to tell me to replace the filter with a more known brand? :lol:

I know Krazy Geoff had luck spawning these in a pvc tube, but I'm looking to get some small bamboo ones (similar to what my L104 spawned in for those of you that have seen them), so if anybody knows where I could get some or has some for sale please pm me :D

I brought some lengths of bamboo from the warehouse it it works well for cave spawning fish

about $5 a length I think and I got 6-8 caves out of each length I just drilled a small hole at the "closed end" to allow it to sink faster and so a small amount of water can flow thru

has an internnal dia of 30-50 mm depending on piece selected

I brought some lengths of bamboo from the warehouse it it works well for cave spawning fish

about $5 a length I think and I got 6-8 caves out of each length I just drilled a small hole at the "closed end" to allow it to sink faster and so a small amount of water can flow thru

has an internnal dia of 30-50 mm depending on piece selected

Thank you :bow:

• 4 weeks later...