Elite Heaters

reptilez

cruddy!

tehrmostat si in accurate - and swings heavily. aqua one is better for the price.

but they do have good wararnty periods, but why have warranty period, just make a product that doesnt break often:D

eheim baby!, jager heaters rule!

you can save way more with reliability

Maybe not swap but do store credit/refund if it is still in its original retail packet, receipt and all that sort of stuff and you talk very nicely to them. Just say you have done research and you are not happy with it as long as they can stick it back on the shelf it should be ok.

Maybe not swap but do store credit/refund if it is still in its original retail packet, receipt and all that sort of stuff and you talk very nicely to them. Just say you have done research and you are not happy with it as long as they can stick it back on the shelf it should be ok.

lucky i haven't opened it yet....'now where did i put the reciept?'

Sometimes you can get away without a receipt if you know the time/date you brought it they can look through the computer system and find it for you..

ok...will try....

i bought it yesterday at 12:30 ... i hope i can get a credit....are they really THAT bad ?

i got it for half price at 32 bux!!!

They're not that bad IME, though certainly not as good as Jäger. The temp settings aren't to be trusted though, most of mine are set at 22 to achieve 26. I've got a couple that I've had for several years. If I were you I'd use it but keep an eye on the tank temp. When they crap out they have a tendency to cook fish.

They're not that bad IME, though certainly not as good as Jäger. The temp settings aren't to be trusted though, most of mine are set at 22 to achieve 26. I've got a couple that I've had for several years. If I were you I'd use it but keep an eye on the tank temp. When they crap out they have a tendency to cook fish.

thanks for the advice....i live an hour away from Animates Botany where i got it from....if it breaks i will just buy a good jager.....how much are jager heaters ?

They get up at night and fiddle with the tuning knobs :wink:

Seriously, if Grant was here (but he isn't) he could tell you why, but it is not unheard of.

I'll give this one a go

As the contact opens / closes it creates a small arc (spark), this arc emits electrical radiation (radio waves), some of these waves will be in the same frequency at the broadcast TV signals -this you get a burst of static on the picture. It will als have an effect on things like radio and ADSL broadband.

Better contacts (and also clean contacts) will help to eliminate this arcing, an inert gas filled tube will also help but I don't know if any heaters do this.

When they crap out they have a tendency to cook fish.

I have had that happen , about 20 years ago so I don't remember what brand the heater was. But when I came home to find a tank of boiled fish I was most distressed and didn't start a new tank for 20 years! SO I'm really paranoid about it now and always try to buy jager if I can and check the water several times a day to make sure nothing is amiss!

Personally I don't like the look of the elite anyway.