Beardie stressed, due to lay?? (Autopsy/graphic pics*)

Insect Direct

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will try marmite this avo. have to go upto the shop so will grab some soon.

have been trying to leave her alone since yesterday. she wont like having a syringe in her face but i think its worth a shot.

she can still see me coming a mile away. suppose thats a good thing.

thanks for your help, much appreciated :hail:

thought id offer her some slaters (one of her favourites) before the marmite.

almost ate one, she went for it but it went under dish and that was enough to lose interest.

looked like she dribbled when trying to get the slater. was drinking water from bowl just prior so maybe just that, bit weird though.

dripped some watered down marmite on her nose, shes lapped up a little bit, may open mouth and give her a shot soon.

wonder if i should try put a small insect in her mouth. i know with healthy dragons, if they flare up and you drop a bug in their mouth they gobble it up like an automatic response...

will have to physically open her mouth i think, what do you think?

Chronic dehydration and suboptimal temperatures can lead to gout and organ failure. Also, the yellow 'excreta' and yellow around the eye made me think of liver failure/jaundice which would support the theory of gout or perhaps hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver) associated with feeding high fat foods such as mealworms. I looked online for an article which would explain some of this - this was the best I could find on a quick search but I am sure there are others: http://www.anapsid.org/kidney.html

Chronic dehydration and suboptimal temperatures can lead to gout and organ failure. Also, the yellow 'excreta' and yellow around the eye made me think of liver failure/jaundice which would support the theory of gout or perhaps hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver) associated with feeding high fat foods such as mealworms. I looked online for an article which would explain some of this - this was the best I could find on a quick search but I am sure there are others: http://www.anapsid.org/kidney.html

best treatment if that is the problem?

No problem. If it is organ failure, then the prognosis is not always good so you may be in for a bit of a battle. You never know what can happen though, it is worth a try!

:roll: Obligatory Disclaimer: that is just my educated guess, I am no expert. Taking it to the vet for tests would be the best way to narrow down the cause of the problem.