fish happy?

kuhli loach

Yes it is, he's not saying to completely replace the whole light system, just the bulb itself for an energy saver. Makes the tank look a whole lot nicer instead of having a yellow tinge that normal light bulbs give.

Exactly! I did say bulb...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pets unlimited in Palmy has both golden and banded Kuhlis in stock. Online picture of banded Kuhli on the Pets Unlimited website looks a little pale and washed out, does the colour brightness vary from loach to loach or do they come into a ritcher colour when in a comfortabl;e environment?

Yes the colours become deeper as the loaches settle in. The colours do not vary on individual fish except for the fact that some have chocolate brown marks and some have very dark brown, almost black, markings.

There are also different species of Khulis. The golden ones are a mutation I think, but there are Black Kuhlis, and Needle Kuhlis availible as well, which are different species.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they'll all mix fine. I think that is a better choice than Khulis, Cockatoos and pencilfish, because those all have similar colours. Whereas now you have a mix of fish with different colours and they are all compatible. I would also add two female fighters for your male.

I still think you should get Apistos :wink: Steel Blues and agassizii 'Double Red' should be quite easy to track down at the moment, so I recommend a pair of one of those two.