My book..........................!

Stella

Thanks guys!! :)

I am so happy with it. Am at the freshwater sciences conference and getting lots of interest and good feedback.

A few have commented at how thorough it looks. I hadn't thought about it like that, but it really does cover so much of what you need to know and what you might wonder about.

(Zev, I think that drawing somehow morphed into a freakishly happy cross between a mudfish and a bully, but clearly it did the trick ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy yesterday and I too think it is a good little read.

Thanks Stella, and the others that have posted here, for the depth of info that is now around about keeping natives - I must have read most of the archives here in the last month or so. The book brings it all together in a format that is easy to read and is funny to boot :D

• 2 months later...

Sophia,

> Stella, are you selling your book commercially or just privately?

As Stella is largely 'incommunicado' right now, I'll answer that by saying it's pretty much only available from her at this stage although I can supply a copy if you want one. PM me if that's the case.

Andrew.

Sorry Andrew, I meant was she selling it to commercial enterprise or just individuals.

I wanted to read it before purchasing and thought it would be a valuable resource so requested Auckland City Library to purchase, they had 2 or 3 copies on order I thought.

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I have been up in Turangi for the last few weeks setting up 10 enormous native aquaria at the Tongariro National Trout Centre :happy1: (opening 11 march!)

I did get an order for them but I was struggling with working out how to make an invoice, then got struck down by bronchitis for a month and couldn't do anything. Not a good look sadly. I asked the supplier if the order still stood and haven't heard back...

(BTW if people want to suggest it to their libraries, buying directly though me will probably be cheaper than the middlemen they go to, though I guess some prefer just to deal with the middlemen.)

• 1 month later...

Sooooo.... it seems that a few of you have this book now, who is willing to do me a review for the new website, eh?

I can provide the images, you just need to do the review, preferably something pretty comprehensive, not just half a dozen lines please.

Any takers?