GST RISE TOMORROW!!!!

Zayne

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'll skip getting mee goreng for dinner at work next week. That will cancel out the GST increase on $520 worth of purchases.

Buy a fish from someone in your local fish club instead of Animates, that could make up for the GST increase on $200 worth of purchases.

Skip a trip to the pub, cancels out GST increase on $2500....

Gold

basic and real

Mutter... Got to wait until next month's salary to what impact the income tax change will make. :(

Same :-? But paying new GST (and other inflated price hikes) on last months pay..... grumble grumble

And the stores that saying they are not putting the prices up for GST put their prices well up 6 mths ago and have been pocketing the extra.

Same :-? But paying new GST (and other inflated price hikes) on last months pay..... grumble grumble

And the stores that saying they are not putting the prices up for GST put their prices well up 6 mths ago and have been pocketing the extra.

Just glad we got 90% of everything we needed for our beardies new terrarium during a recent sale... all that's left is a light fitting, and that I can get from the local hardware store.

GST has risen 2.5%, so for every $100 you spend you are paying an extra $2.50.....

so for every $250 you spend at the pub/clubs that means approx one less drink you can have. I don't think it's too bad & the lesser amount of income tax actually means the average person will have more $ at the end of the week. glass half full or half empty?

GST has risen 2.5%, so for every $100 you spend you are paying an extra $2.50.....

Well thats whats *supposed* to happen. But a lot of things will go up more than 2.5%. (ie. $2.50 will likely go to $2.60 instead of 2.56 - inc of 4%.) If you add up all the prices that go up 5% or more then thats a lot more than an extra $2.50 per $100.

Because round numbers are easier to market.

then maybe some things may not go up by that much to, if something is cost plus 12.5% & rounded up to the next number, now it's cost plus 15% the number rounded to may not be that far from current if you catch my positive take on it. :)

its *only an extra 2.2% more than what we have already been paying.

Ive been helping clients setup new versions of Quickbooks and MYOB and im suprised how many have commented that their suppliers are going to be continueing to supply goods at the old cost (inclusive of new GST rate) so our clients can continue to sell the same goods at the old price.

Tax cuts aswell so means more money in my pocket...my main bills are loan payments and rent, there is no GST on these so no increase :)

I wonder if $4 will still get me a can of Mother.

My morning V cost me $4.50 today instead of $4, that's the only thing i've noticed about prices so far. A pack of Marlboro Reds 25s still cost me $15.70, secretly thrilled about that even though it is still stupidly expensive. :wink:

I work at a pub so i'll guess i'll find out when I open the doors in 10 minutes if everything going up in price slows down drinking and gambling at all. Might be able to read my magazine. :P

The personal income tax rate changes from 1 October 2010 are:

Up to $14K – tax rate goes from 12.5% to 10.5%

$14K to $48K – tax rate goes from 21.0% to 17.5%

$48K to $70K – tax rate goes from 33.0% to 30.0%

$70K+ – tax rate goes from 38.0% to 33.0%

GST will rise to 15% and company tax will drop to 28%.

$15.70x7 packs a week=6ft tank in a month :wink:

I've cut down from a pack a day, so it's still bad but not that bad.

I'd personally take my own sanity over a 6ft tank. :wink:

After an hour of sitting by myself in the bar waiting for customers I have come to to conclusion people are thinking twice. I'd usually have heaps of people by now!

Well thats whats *supposed* to happen. But a lot of things will go up more than 2.5%. (ie. $2.50 will likely go to $2.60 instead of 2.56 - inc of 4%.) If you add up all the prices that go up 5% or more then thats a lot more than an extra $2.50 per $100.

And by the same logic many things will not go ip. Price-point items that are $9.99, $49.99, $99.99 etc aren't suddently going to go up to $102.12....

I'm happy, means I have more money to pay off our mortgage.

And if one more moron moans about how it "favours the rich" then I'm going to slap them. Yes a person earning $120k is going to benefit more from a tax cut than someone earning $35k, thats how percentages work. Now go calculate how much tax the "rich" person pays after the tax cut in actual dollars and compare it to what the person earning $35k pays.....

and that is exactly why a flat rate is better than higer earners having to pay their share plus a share of those that pay less

I am not a high earner and earn way less than a teacher so Im not saying it to feather my own nest

I belive GST should be say 25% and a flat tax rate of say 10 or 15%

For everyone complaining about the GST increases take a step back and look at our country.

We have a free Health system. Almost free education system, If you loose your job you can get a benefit.

Be realistic and stop complaining. I am happy, I worked out the other night that I would have to pay nearly $800 every three months if it was not for things like governmnt medication subsidies. With the subsidy I only pay $15.00.

Everyone complains about the taxes, but happily put their hand out for Government assistance. The country is not an unlimited source of mony

As already mentioned, You dont like the GST increase of a whole 2.5%, then dont buy that Big Mac and save yourself two weeks worth of GST. (based on a low to middle income spend per week)

For everyone complaining about the GST increases take a step back and look at our country.

We have a free Health system. Almost free education system, If you loose your job you can get a benefit.

Be realistic and stop complaining. I am happy, I worked out the other night that I would have to pay nearly $800 every three months if it was not for things like governmnt medication subsidies. With the subsidy I only pay $15.00.

Everyone complains about the taxes, but happily put their hand out for Government assistance. The country is not an unlimited source of mony

As already mentioned, You dont like the GST increase of a whole 2.5%, then dont buy that Big Mac and save yourself two weeks worth of GST. (based on a low to middle income spend per week)

Hear Hear..LOL, now that really put it in perspective for me, tighten the belt...