Where to buy Killies?

undergroundfish

may I ask Why it takes half a day to ship?

I have my own business

I cant bag up in the morning as they would be sitting in my factory all day and if the take 2 days to ship (which can happen) its pushing as by the time people get home, it may not be until evening.

I have to take a guy off the road to look after my factory

Takes me a couple of hours to bag and box up the fish and I need that time for the heat packs to start warming up

I have to get the box to the courier before 4 pm

So from say 1 pm at the latest is 3 hours.

Total cost to me is 4 hours of one of my staff at a cost (all up) of $40 per hour

1 poly box at $6

2 heat pad at $1.50 each

freight at $15.50

not to mention the loss of work and getting me in trouble with my customers

Dollars it costs me (no profit)=$264.50

Ok, if their are Killi club members that want them, provided they are prepared to wait until I can work some time off, Im more than happy to help them

Far easier for me to take the fish at the weekend to Hollywoods and leave things like that to them

Hopefully Zayne, you can see that Im not being awkward but I have a business to run that feeds my family, fish could never do that

I have my own business

I cant bag up in the morning as they would be sitting in my factory all day and if the take 2 days to ship (which can happen) its pushing as by the time people get home, it may not be until evening.

I have to take a guy off the road to look after my factory

Takes me a couple of hours to bag and box up the fish and I need that time for the heat packs to start warming up

I have to get the box to the courier before 4 pm

So from say 1 pm at the latest is 3 hours.

Total cost to me is 4 hours of one of my staff at a cost (all up) of $40 per hour

1 poly box at $6

2 heat pad at $1.50 each

freight at $15.50

not to mention the loss of work and getting me in trouble with my customers

Dollars it costs me (no profit)=$264.50

Ok, if their are Killi club members that want them, provided they are prepared to wait until I can work some time off, Im more than happy to help them

Far easier for me to take the fish at the weekend to Hollywoods and leave things like that to them

Hopefully Zayne, you can see that Im not being awkward but I have a business to run that feeds my family, fish could never do that

Fair enough.

I think you need to work out if you want to breed them or just for display as the setups are quite different, perhaps you could look back on some of the threads in this section that discuss setups and compatibility for killies.

Then you can tell us which ones take your fancy.

Oh, and they all need tanks with lids :wink:

I think you need to work out if you want to breed them or just for display as the setups are quite different, perhaps you could look back on some of the threads in this section that discuss setups and compatibility for killies.

Then you can tell us which ones take your fancy.

Oh, and they all need tanks with lids :wink:

This type really catch my eye but I'm not even sure if they are available Aphyosemion Australe gold. And my intension is to breed.

Some of the veterans on here may like to encourage/suggest other types for me to look into to help keep the population up

no not really I'm affraid. I am based in Whangarei. Between work and my kids I don't really get the chance to run away

That's a pity, Barrie has some nice fish. Actually it is a bit of a loaded question - go and see Barrie's fish and get hooked! :wink:

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

either way, most strains are rare at the moment, as not many members are breeding them.

I may have a few chocolate australes in the coming months.

Hollywoods has got a few killies from time to time as well

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...