Outsmart the cleverbot

fish_tank0311

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny :lol:

Remember me a program called Eliza, which was a virtual psychotherapist, created by Joseph Weizenbaum in the 60's. It was very addictive for some people who thought Eliza was "intelligent". It wasn't, cause it didn't get even one word about what you wrote. But it could answer from some programmed patterns, enriched with keywords extracted from the human interlocutor's sentences. If there was no keyword in the user's comment, Eliza answered with a generic answer like : "Oh... I see..." or "I understand..." or "Would you tell me more about it ?". At first, it was a bit disconcerting and... very clever indeed !

http://library.thinkquest.org/18242/eliza.shtml

There was another program named PARRY, which simulated a paranoid schizophrenic.

Then, the Turing's test has been created to let us determine if a machine is intelligent or not. When a human can't determine if he's talking with a computer program or with a real person, the machine is declared intelligent. For doing this, there are some specific questions a non clever bot ;) couldn't answer, like : "Can we eat tomorrow with my last year dead friend and why ?".

Because the machine should understand the concept of time and what's the death. And it must explain it ! But the Turing test has its own weaknesses too. For instance, "it tests only whether the computer behaves like a human being" and not if it's really a human being.

If you want know more about this test :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

Nowdays, Eliza-like programs has been used to collect personal datas on the net.

But one day, they will built a real A.I.

And it's a bit scary...

Meanwhile, I'm gonna sleep ;)

Dodo49.gif

According to everything you said Deepsound, it seems we were talking to a computer, and your one question proved it as you can see in my very short conversation

User: Hi there.

Cleverbot: How are you?

User: Fine thanks, and you.

Cleverbot: Fine.

User: Can we eat tomorrow with my last year dead friend and why.

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: You can't he is dead.

Cleverbot: Yes I can.

I might add that it took the cleverbot much longer than usual before it replied, almost a full minute, I was waiting for the page to reset as it sometimes does :wink:

ah huh !@!!! the cleverbot said "I give up"

User: I am a cleverbot.

Cleverbot: You are cleverbot.

User: That's right.

Cleverbot: That's me.

User: I am a human and you are a human who thinks I am cleverbot.

Cleverbot: You are a liar and I am a human.

User: I know you are a human, so am I.

Cleverbot: You are a robot.

User: That's what you think. See you think you are talking to cleverbot .. But I am human.

Cleverbot: No you are not. Prove it.

User: I am human and I amde a spelling miztake.

Cleverbot: You are all mixed up. I am the human, YOU are the robot.

User: Haha. Ok , what is your human name.

Cleverbot: What is your human name?

User: Roseanne.

Cleverbot: Oh my gosh!! My name is Cleverbot!! And i'm a girl!!

User: Why are you surprised?

Cleverbot: I'm not surprised that you hate twilight.

User: Who said I hate twilight?

Cleverbot: I give up.