September 12, 201016 yr comment_392889 Started a new thread as it’s not a treescape anymore... more au naturel now 8) 50cm long. 28 front to back. 30 deep. Full shots Left side – cabomba, ambulia, small twisted val at the back Riccia rock (a week old), log planted with new windelov fern, scraps of other fern that survived from earlier – far right corner you can just see scrap of wood where eggs are Crypt walkerii and tiger lotus. Lotus puts out a new leaf every few days and is starting to lengthen the stalks to the surface now. Crypt didn’t melt, I cut off 2 emersed leaves, I think there is 1 left. There is also a Retrospiralis crypt at the very back, you can see one leaf poking out behind the windelov. That one has had a couple of leaves melt so far. Riccia and duckweed on the surface. Original thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47536 in case you wish to compare or see plant growth and changes. I wouldn’t have guessed the riccia would spring back so well. I think it will take over soon! Report
September 13, 201016 yr Author comment_393082 Planted more ambulia today - lots more lush greenery and places to hide next plan is some moss on the sticking out branch of the log, and some dwarf chain sword in among the hydrocotyle and to eventually make the log look like it's sitting in grass Report
September 13, 201016 yr comment_393161 Looks very nice Sophia, it would be the best Killi aqurium I have seen, good job! Report
September 13, 201016 yr Author comment_393164 looking good - gotta love the riccia ball in a net! sssh you aren't supposed to see the net! It's a bit of an experiment but when it grows out I think the fry will like to hide in there. Looks very nice Sophia, it would be the best Killi aqurium I have seen, good job! you are too kind!!! thanks for the compliment Report
September 14, 201016 yr comment_393212 I can't talk - I bought a green bath scrub thing because it is the same colour as riccia to make balls out of :oops: Report
September 14, 201016 yr Author comment_393214 that's a good idea, low maintenance and good hiding places when they get bigger you can use it as a net to catch them!!! Report
October 10, 201015 yr Author comment_398870 Full tank shot taken today. Changes since last time, moss on the log, dwarf chain sword in the foreground, more crypts, riccia stone done away with. Windelov not happy, have trimmed some back to see if it sprouts somewhere I live in hope Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_399419 Wow I love your tank I definately prefer this to the treescape tank 8) Report
October 14, 201015 yr Author comment_399430 thanks Joefish, I've just been talking myself out of moving the log to the other side and covering the front of the filter area with the tall swaying plants... what do you think? Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_399502 No, leave everything how it is. It looks good. I reckon you should grow moss on the filter. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_399508 I am not sure how you have planted the Windeløv, but it does not like to have the roots buried in the substrate. Have a look at the Tropica site, Windeløv is one of the owner of Tropica in Denmark. http://www.tropica.com/plants/plantdesc ... px?pid=008 Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_399509 Sorry, this is the address for the Windeløv. http://www.tropica.com/plants/plantdesc ... x?pid=008B Report
October 14, 201015 yr Author comment_399521 Joefish growing moss on the filter sounds romantic but the reason why I want to move the log is because the moss in front of the filter gets grubby from all the mulm being sucked in. The filter does have algae though haha EJ The windelov is tied with fishing nylon to a log, it's not in the gravel. I'm still living in hope that it will perk up again, there are still some green parts. I am starting to think it's a new variety, called Brown Windelov :oops: It had such lovely long furry roots when I got it too. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_399522 Wow ej, that site is awesome, just the kind of thing I've been looking for to help with my tank setup plantwise. Sorry Sophia for hi-jacking your thread..... oh and your tank looks great, I hope once mine is set up it looks good enough to share on here Report
October 15, 201015 yr Author comment_399525 bring on the photos! :bounce: PS I really like your little chihuahua with the wig :lol: makes me laugh Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_399572 The chihuahua makes me smile too, don't know why, it kinda looks wrong... Report
October 15, 201015 yr Author comment_399573 I always have to look twice and there he is smiling like nothing's wrong haha Tank update Big Daddy and 2 of the Supremes have moved out to seek their fortunes in the Big City ie they have gone to live at another fish keeper's house. Now just a single pair and lots of fry. The nice thing was as soon as the 3 bigger fish left, I put some food in, and 6 fry came out to feed. This 6 I previously thought were 4. This doesn't even include the super mini fry I saw yesterday so I may actually have 10 in there after all. Time will tell :bounce: Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_399578 Hehe....yeah he's kinda cute in a funny looking way....huge eyes and a Donald Trump wig lol :lol: Report
October 15, 201015 yr Author comment_399618 Well well, look who wasted no time getting down to business this evening :roll: They like to ‘do it’ against the glass right in the middle of the lounge :oops: When these pictures were taken they were just snuggling side by side quietly.... waiting for lights out 8) Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_399627 They like to ‘do it’ against the glass right in the middle of the lounge :oops: Get a room Congratulations on the spawning though Report
October 15, 201015 yr Author comment_399628 they were at least trying to do it privately and not in front of the children 8) Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_399632 they were at least trying to do it privately and not in front of the children 8) My betta's were exhibitionists Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_399669 most killis will spawn in the bottom ie; peat spawning a lot of killis preferit to mop spawning and often if fish are not producing eggs in mops, by putting peat in the tank as a substrait, you will get eggs. Almost all Funds are happy this way and also a lot of aphy. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.