Aqua one cannister filters?

A-town...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the 1200 and the 2400 which are bigger but the 1200 and 100 are very similar my 12oo runs on a tank full of messy goldfish and hasnt been cleaned out in over a year but still has decent output i reckon they are great value for money

Yep, they're good. Inexpensive, good flow, good filtration. The CF1200 Flows twice as much as an eheim 2213, hold twice as much or more media than a 2213, don't clog up within days like the 2213 I had did. Not sure why you'd even compare it to a little filter like a 2213 when the CF1200 can handle a tank at least twice the size.

Yep Ira you pretty much summed it up, but the eheim crew might be out to get you now lol

I am a believer in getting what you pay for but sometimes the cheaper stuff is actually quite good, and just because an eheim is expensive doesn't mean it is always the best..

I have actually found the aqua ones to pick up alot of crud, they get pretty filthy and do a good job of clearing the tank plus have a few trays for bio media it even comes with its own media which (even though it comes with cheap stuff not the gold plated eheim stuff) it seems to a really good job.

The CF2400 filters are really good. The are easy to prime and start.

As some have already said. They hold more media and have better flow rate than the eheim's of the same price. The old real difference I have found between the brands is the ehime owners like to be able to say "hey look at my eheim"

Yeah I'll weigh in for the Aqua one canisters. I was a complete n00b when it came to canister filters when I purchased my CF1200, but I found it really easy to install, easy to clean, and I've only cleaned it out twice since its been running.. which is over six months.

I can't compare it to Eheim or anything else because I've never had anything else..

Speaking of canister filters, whats the smallest size you can get?

Once youve owned a decent filter like an FX5 or some of the ehiems, you see the flaws in the aquaones - but you get what you pay for i suppose. Just the build quality - down to things like the taps, connectors etc.., to the media, hosing, and they arent as energy efficient also.

Flowrate isnt everything like a lot of people believe. I use my eheim purely as a bio filter, where a lower flow rate is much better, plus takes 5 minutes to clean, has good media, uses a mere 8w of power, and is going to run and run and run.

Once youve owned a decent filter like an FX5 or some of the ehiems, you see the flaws in the aquaones - but you get what you pay for i suppose. Just the build quality - down to things like the taps, connectors etc.., to the media, hosing, and they arent as energy efficient also.

Flowrate isnt everything like a lot of people believe. I use my eheim purely as a bio filter, where a lower flow rate is much better, plus takes 5 minutes to clean, has good media, uses a mere 8w of power, and is going to run and run and run.

It is interesting that you would say that, I own all sorts (including an FX5 - which gets a few bad reviews for connectors and stuff like that but I have had no issues with) and I have not noticed any problems with the aqua ones. I have had 3 of them running (that I brought second hand) for 4-5 years constantly with all the standard gear none of it has broken and it all still works fine, from talking to others this is a similar story so I would love to know what issues you have had with them?

I agree if you get a similar sized eheim to a aqua one the aqua one will use maybe 1-2W more power but it will take many years before that pays for the difference in purchase price :)

i have 3 CF canisters & they are great for their price, i have had them get air leaks & came very close to using one of them as target practise for my shotgun but after a complete seal replacement & re-setup it works like new again. i have found it is important they are setup properly, having a decent head height is important. having it on the same shelf as the tank make the flow slow down considerably & draw air.