My Photos(formally Some macro photos of flowers and insects)

supasi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Nice images :) I love my 100mm Macro, it's a sweet lens.

Have you tried the Canon 50mm lens? I am hopefully (finally!) getting a macro lens for my birthday (I have a Canon 400D) (this one http://www.the-digital-picture.com/revi ... eview.aspx ). Do you know if it is any good? Or should I wait and save for the 100mm?

When I went to buy a macro my plan was to get the 50mm but they had none in stock so I bit the bullet and got the 100mm. I don't regret spending the extra but I'm sure the 50mm would have done me fine. However, I do like it that I can be further from the subject with the 100mm.

Thanks for that. I had just been looking at the WPS website and have realised there are other retailers selling the 100mm for almost half what they are selling it for, so perhaps it is not so far from my grasp anyway. Yay!

Are you meaning the Standard or the L series lens?

I have a 100mm and it is my fav lens. Its almost always on the camera.

I got mine second hand for $600 from trade me and it is almost brand new. The guy was selling up as he was going overseas and didnt want it.

i have the 50 and tend to use the 18/55 more. im not unhappy with the 50 but dont carry it with me so make do

the 100 is a great lens.

problem is that where dose it stop?ive just bought a 18/85 for closer dress photos for brendas website

i guess the next will be either a 400 or a 100macro

i now have 5 lens and about 40 filters

with the 50 and the sharpness, you can still crop and blow the image up and even further with the 100

Great pictures Simon Super01.gif

Love the myosotis and the trees in the water (Taxodium ?). :D

Thanks,

Not Taxodium, they are Pinus radiata. The forest just received an extraordinary amount of rain over the last few months. Some of the trees have started to die from being waterlogged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...