Rookie in Auckland

summersnz

Hi everyone,

Very new to this, but have always loved fish and water and pretty much everything to do with it all. I've finally settled down up in Auckland and decided it's time I had some fish in my life. I went to animates in mt Eden and bought a 25l blue planet set up. I set it all up and a week later (when the kind lady at animates said my water was ready) I had 3 striped danio swimming around :) a couple of weeks later they were joined by 3 spotted danio.

A week ago I managed to get hold of a 90l tank so am now extremely excited to set it up! I'm hoping to get lots of plants (i've been inspired by p44's pictures in the freshwater forum) and some nice colourful tropical fish. At the moment all I have is the tank, no lights, heaters, filters, substrate so any advice in these areas would be greatly appreciated :)

I've enjoyed browsing the forums since I joined up and am amazed at the wealth of knowledge contained in these pages. I looke forward to sharing my aqaurium experiences with all you guys and ask for your patience when I ask silly questions :oops: