Leopard fish

gagaforfish

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably way too small for goldfish.... I'm breeding them atm, the girls are getting REALLY fat but only 3 surviving fry so far

I think the hydra may be snaring a few... saw one disappear down one the other day, plus saw mummy eat one... then again got Lotsa floating plants so may be a few more in there.

i'll let you know when they are big enough for sale (if they are girls they are MINE though)

probably way too small for goldfish.... I'm breeding them atm, the girls are getting REALLY fat but only 3 surviving fry so far

I think the hydra may be snaring a few... saw one disappear down one the other day, plus saw mummy eat one... then again got Lotsa floating plants so may be a few more in there.

i'll let you know when they are big enough for sale (if they are girls they are MINE though)

id be interested if and when you have some available , they will be going with some slow guys I have a black moor a red fan and two Calico Fans

nah, sorry but won't sell unless they are going to be properly taken care of, as said they will be munched pretty quickly. they are nowhere near as fast as minnows. worthy of a tank for them selves though.

if you want to see the results go catch some gambusia from one of the lakes around here and see how they go

nah not 100% sure,

the legalese reads

It is however, an offence to breed, knowingly communicate, exhibit, multiply, propagate, release, or sell, an unwanted organism, unless permission is obtained from a chief technical officer.

im pretty sure gambusia would be illegal due to the fact its impossible to stop them breeding

yeah I thought that too with unwanted organisms, then I found DOC promoting catching and eating Catfish....

Different status, I think. Just going by Biosecurity's website gambusia are officially an unwanted organism, catfish are not. Koi is an unwanted and a noxious organism. I can't find anything listing exactly what you're required to do with each status though.

hrmmm, listed as a pest fish but without classification.... interesting

Department of conservation is responsible for populations already in the country, mainly it is a do not release back into the water alive.

pity they are so strict on it, Koi Carp are a freakin awesome fish bait, if they let people harvest them for that they would start dissapearing quickly, but atm they prosecute anyone that tries

There's just so many awesome fish and animals out there that i wish we could have. but we are not allowed them because we are "protecting New Zealand's biodiversity" <-- that doesn't even exists anymore, most of what was endemic to this country is gone now, first through over hunting by Maori and then through agriculture and population density due to Europeans and Asian settlers.