whites treefrog drama hmmmmm

sneaky2

That would only encourage corruption of the system.

Any smuggled animal should be sent back courtesy the smuggler. All fees included.

they deystroy as no way of proving exact point of origin ,and as an unknown disease risk wont put back in the wild.

they shouldnt have to be smuggled in the first place.... :o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think im only a fishy person :wink:

what im saying is channel your passion to the powers that be in a constructive manner, while not losing sight of practicality.

yes im hearing you,they arnt! how come we can buy up to say 200 different species of fish,at least 50 species of bird,dont start me on cats,dogs,rats,mice,pigs,goats,ferrits,sheep,cows,e.c.t....but reptiles are the bad guys.

also i got 3 kids and many animals to feed.easyer to have a rant every now and then than to lobby politicians and or bang your head against a brick wall aye...many have tryed and got nowhere.are you keen to have a go :wink:

I find it hard to understand why people are so keen to keep a reptile which is realy cute when small (like most) but develops into a 1.5 metre tree climbing bird eating monster that can and will attack a grown adult human. We might as well see if Maf will let us all keep crocs and snakes as well. I will stick to beardies, turtles and frogs thanks.

I find it hard to understand why people are so keen to keep a reptile which is realy cute when small (like most) but develops into a 1.5 metre tree climbing bird eating monster that can and will attack a grown adult human

Alan, are you talking about Green Igauna's? or a very large cat

If so you do realise they (Iguana) are herbivores don't you?

Each to their own, if they were legal I would have them, same with snakes and crocs

and as for your beardies,how did all the latest oranges,reds and yellows miraculously appear here in the last 5-6 years?Those colours were not even heard of when your "original" beardies arrived here???

and as for your beardies,how did all the latest oranges,reds and yellows miraculously appear here in the last 5-6 years?Those colours were not even heard of when your "original" beardies arrived here???

you tell me, a couple i had came from you? or are they not "yellow" now..

its inevitable that with inbreeding (as most of nz reptile are) and just breeding in general you will get morphs sooner or later?

I can tell you what ever you want to hear?What I will say is once something is already here does not stop smuggling in fact the opposite may well occur.Want me to do some fortune telling?Leopard geckos.How long have we had them here?Back to the orana park days,at least 1980`s?all these were `wild type`normal colouring and have slowly dwindled away in terms of population and sucessfull breeding.got down to one male left if I am not mistaken?Now all of a sudden they are everywhere,sellers talking hi yellow,etc etc.smuggling is alive and well don`t you doubt it for a moment.

I have seen the pictures too and what is described as high yellow is basically a normal with less black patches when young, hardly the fancy colours that are available overseas. The pictures of the wild ones show a fair amount of yellow also, so I would say they are wild types with less black than some others.

yes i like the description hi yellow as well

not really a hi yellow in my book

only way to stop the smuggling is to is to make sure there are no buyers

or make the animal not worth smuggling

being able to import legally will stop part of the market

smuggling will always happen where there is a good dollar to be gained

once the market is there, new colours is where the dollar is

yes a small gene pool has a greater chance of producing mutations

but as repto says the timeline is pretty short to move down enough generations

I find it hard to understand why people are so keen to keep a reptile which is realy cute when small (like most) but develops into a 1.5 metre tree climbing bird eating monster that can and will attack a grown adult human. We might as well see if Maf will let us all keep crocs and snakes as well. I will stick to beardies, turtles and frogs thanks.

bwa ha haa haaa,theres that knee jerk reaction thats responsible for this situation in the first place....What about adam and eve and the serpent thing..... :roll: or fire eating dragons for that matter...is the whole creepy reptile thing that deeply ingrained in the human subconscious that its a lost cause????? :lol:

you think im only a fishy person :wink:

i know your not,i would assume(make an ass out of you and me)that you started with fish and have moved onto a frog or bluey or beardie or all of the above.i would also assume e.c.t they are kept in aquariums?or maby a combo aquarium/ outside day run????/ am i close or just an ass :lol:

I have seen the pictures too and what is described as high yellow is basically a normal with less black patches when young, hardly the fancy colours that are available overseas. The pictures of the wild ones show a fair amount of yellow also, so I would say they are wild types with less black than some others.

Was sold has high yellow male ...is a male but high yellow ???

lepmale003.jpg

This is yellow ...

yellowleapard.jpg