Facebook wall to wall

Caryl

I signed up to the facebook thing but rarely look at it. I keep getting facebook messages from my "granddaughter" saying she has posted something on my wall. When I click on it is says "Allowing 21 questions access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work. Caryl has new questions to unlock"

Now, I don't know that I want such information out there, even though I don't think I added anything to my profile. Can someone tell me what this 21 questions thing is? I keep forgetting to ask the kid who keeps answering the questions. Or is she asking the questions? Is someone else asking? :o

I assume it is another of the stupid mindless games played on facebook? Why anyone thinks I care they have a baby dinosaur that needs feeding or that they won so may points in a treasure hunt or whatever is beyond me :roll:

Thanks all. She actually lives in Blenheim Barrie (and many happy returns) and she was here at the weekend but I forgot to ask.

She can't talk to me at the moment anyway as I am home sick with Grant's cold he passed on. Have no voice and a very sore throat with blocked sinuses. Not a happy camper at the moment :cry:

Also the pilot light keeps going on out on the gas fire so am waiting for the gasman to call back to arrange a visit. The fire is only about 4 years old and we bought a Masport as it is a well known brand. It appears the company was sold, or taken over, and the new company did not take over the parts department as well and you can no longer get parts ofr Masport gas fires :roll:

Gas is very expensive to run but we did not want heat pumps all through the house (and like the flames), plus the lounge is unsuited to have one installed there thanks to large banks of windows and lack of wall space in the right place for maximum efficiency. Have looked at pellet fires but have been told that getting the pellets here can be a problem. Might just go back to a wood fire. We got rid of the other as it was always me chopping wood and bringing it in plus lots of greeblies tended to come in with the wood and spread through the house. :roll:

Can't show pictures over the phone.

It's called a pxt.

I hate those things with a vengeance, I used to get them several hundred times a week, now I get none. I think people got the message once I told them :wink:

Caryl what I do is on the home page I hide everything I get tired of seeing, you just hover at the end of the post and the hide button will appear. And on the page where you accept applications you click block, then your name will never appear for that application with any of your friends. And on your profile page you can also hide irritating little applications as well. My pages are spam free, I only see what I want to see :wink:

There are several things wrong with a pxt:

- images are poor quality (even on the best phones)

- you have to view them on a tiny screen

- they cost money to send

- most people don't take vacation photos with a phone

- it wouldn't be a practical way to view a whole album

Their only useful application is if you happen to catch something funny in the moment...

It's called a pxt.

I hate those things with a vengeance, I used to get them several hundred times a week, now I get none. I think people got the message once I told them :wink:

Looking at her wall doesn't tell her much tho, she's better to look at the homepage so she can see the updates from family etc.

Caryl, your "wall" or profile page is a page that shows everything you have posted and what people have directed at you personally.

And that stuff comes up on the homepage anyway.

I hide applications or annoying people who post too much crap, like mcrudd is suggesting. If anyone sends you 'gifts' for you farm or whatever, you can block the application so you won't see them ever again.