Aarons First Marine setup Journal – Lots of PHOTOS

ar-photography

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the final outcome was 5 fish dead only my fire fish survived turned out to be Marine Velvet.

This disease took 3 days to knock off 5 fish i tried to QT them bit still no luck.

Poor guy covered in the white powder looking spots :(

mg4059z.jpg

I now have a load of weapons up my sleeve that i hope don't have to use.

I managed to QT my firefish and treat with Seachems Cupmarine which i think may have saved him. I also have on board a half Bottle of Polylab Medic (got a good score half the bottle left for $25 from my LFS)

Thank to everyone that helped me out.

On another note my new lights have arrived I now have the Maxspect Gen2 LEDS 110w (White 54w + actnic 54w) they are equal to 150w Metal Halide + Blu-ray tube T5 thank to raeh1 for getting them in for me.

Sorry about the photos was in a hurry they really don't do these lights any justice they are SO bright and have an amazing colour and the shimmer is just tranquil

Timer / program unit

mg4065.jpg

LED unit

mg4066.jpg

Quick Demo

mg4067.jpg

Mounting

mg4078.jpg

Tank (terrible photo and the glass is filthy)

mg4086.jpg

also a few new coral frags from raeh1 (please do let me know if my method of attaching them to the rocks on wrong)

mg4097w.jpg

mg4099.jpg

mg4098u.jpg

mg4102.jpg

mg4103.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Very well done!

A great log about the set up of your marine tank and the photos are brilliant. Do you have any fish in there to replace the ones your lost?

I waited out 6 weeks to make sure the tank was clear of any parasites. During that period I did many 20% NSW changes and got all my levels 100% I now have approx 25 coral frags all growing well and a Small FoxFace will post a picture of him when i get a good one

is it still just the one fish or have you got more?

My firefish died of a bacterial infection he managed to cut himself open on a rock really good and it just didn’t heal and he stopped eating. I now have 1 FoxFace he is doing really well

The Gash

mg4437.jpg

What better way to distract myself from study and to take photos of my fish tank, so here is a few procrastination photos :hello2:

This is the newest addition to the tank a FoxFace rabbit fish you can see the hair algae disappearing in this photo the rocks behind him use to be covered in hair algae really happy how its coming along.

mg5069.jpg

Yellow polyps loving the flow

mg5044.jpg

Orange spot zoanthid

mg5051.jpg

More Zoanthid (help me ID this one please)

mg5098l.jpg

A nice close up of Sean the Skunk cleaner Shrump

mg5057.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

25ltr NSW water change this morning and my weekly test with great results.

Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 0, P04: 0

Calc: 480

Mag: 1320

SG: 1.026

pH: 8.4

kH: 10

Also added about 2 cups of cycled sand (had it in my sump for about 2 month) to the bottom of the tank i looks so much nicer than with out also make it seem even brighter.

so finally here is a full tank shot now that i have no hair algae to be ashamed of.

tankfull.jpg

The SPS corals are starting to grow now you can see this acro is now starting to grow over the coral putty.

mg6210.jpg

and wow this open brain can eat and swells up something awesome after wards, iv been feeding hole whitebait to it :super:

mg6229.jpg

The new clowns have settled in well and the male likes the frog spawn which is so cool to watch, cant wait to have a nem for him

mg6231.jpg

mg6207.jpg