Opinons Please Canon EOS1000D

supasi

My Canon Rep is sending me one to play with for the next month so will have a look.

I dont do huge amount of photography, but I take my camera with me most places I go.

I also want to be able to do macros. I realise I will require a Macro lens but that can come later.

If I had a better camera I would be using it alot more than I use my current Fuji S series point and shoot. I did study photograpy at school but this was before DSLR were available. I do have two standard SLRs for sale if anyone is interested. :wink:

all DSLR cameras will do macro

The macro setting on your camera just tells the canera to focus on the closer subjects but for best results, its best to have your camera on full manual and of course, have the rite lens's.

Personally, I use the standard lens (18~55) for most of my work but do also add a plus filter

I have 4 of them (+1, +2, +4 and +10)

This is from a 400D

Factory macro with standard lens may be up to your standard Simon. Iv had a good play with a D90 in macro and it took some great pics. Will borrow it again next month and do some Gecko macro's.

Prob right.

Hopefully the demo model arrives tomorrow and Ill see.

By then my Crypt pontederifolia spathe will be open and Ill get to see what it will do.

Just remember that the more zeros the less spec it has, so Barrie, I would not be swapping it for a 400 as it is a very similar spec.

+1

I love my EOS 40D - it does great macro - but I am wishing it had HD video now. :roll:

Have you checked out Steve's Digicams?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-r ... eview.html

Someone was doing 450D packs with a 18-55mm for about the same price?

Since the 1000D is an entry level DSLR, I think the resale on a 450D would be better?

Also Canon are one of the only companies that do repairs in NZ as well, which is why we only buy them at work.

Since the 1000D is an entry level DSLR, I think the resale on a 450D would be better?

Also Canon are one of the only companies that do repairs in NZ as well, which is why we only buy them at work.

Have not looked at that link yet, will do so tonight. I looked at www.dpreview.com

Im only really wanting an entry level camera. I am not going to be paying retail so works out at a price I can afford right now.

Im not too worried about resale value. It will be handed down if I upgrade in the future.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far people. I will let you know how I go with the demo one canon are sending me. :D

I was always under the impression that the 1000D was quite a few steps up

Simon, have a look at getting a +2 filter that fits on the front of your existing lens. Costs not too much and will allow great macro

I was always under the impression that the 1000D was quite a few steps up

Simon, have a look at getting a +2 filter that fits on the front of your existing lens. Costs not too much and will allow great macro

Thanks Barrie, will look into that. Any idea on a retail price of those? Are they a Canon Genuine part or after market?