60cm Journal

fordayzbro

Day 1

Setup

Emptied tank, cleaning glass and equipment.

DSC_1310.jpg

Flourite, sand and rocks added

DSC_1311-1.jpg

JBL Manado goes over flourite

DSC_1316-1.jpg

Moss stones in

DSC_1312.jpg

Right side

DSC_1321-1.jpg

left side

DSC_1320-1.jpg

from the top

DSC_1323.jpg

front

DSC_1319-1.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I wouldn't use flourite as a base next time, not the best for planting glosso.

I'll up the lighting and Co2 for the first few days to give the glosso a kick start, also 20% WC 2 times per week.

:bounce: :bounce:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have a link or something of the product you bought it as?

MAF won't let substrate in the country if its mud, clay based or earthy in any way.

I've dug the bag out, it's Seachem Flourite. Probably is a good product, I just found the clay chips not the best size for planting glosso.... but maybe I'm just rubbish at planting glosso :roll:

It's a very good product. Despite the manufacturers instructions (or lack of) here's a guide on how to use Flourite®.

Not really for you as you've already set up the tank, but for any one else wanting to down the same road. Good to have in the search database. :D

http://aquaden.com/phpBB2/articles2.php ... shfluorite

That size of grain will do well for glosso, it just takes a little bit to get rooted in well. Won't be long in your tank though :lol:

It's a very good product. Despite the manufacturers instructions (or lack of) here's a guide on how to use Flourite®.

Not really for you as you've already set up the tank, but for any one else wanting to down the same road. Good to have in the search database. :D

http://aquaden.com/phpBB2/articles2.php ... shfluorite

That size of grain will do well for glosso, it just takes a little bit to get rooted in well. Won't be long in your tank though :lol:

Hopefully not long, I planted a couple big chunks right by the co2 so should see some action over the next weeks