Question for dyslexics

Caryl

I remember phone numbers more by the pattern on the keypad, not the actual numbers. If you asked me someone's phone number I likely could not tell you, without stopping to think about it (and getting confused), but I could show you instantly.

I can see how colour coding could work - pity the colour blind though :-?

I learned piano as a child. Had trouble reading the music but could play by ear. My music teacher would play the piece first and I would just repeat it from memory. It wasn't until I made the mistake of telling my mother I was doing it that way that she told the teacher, who then stopped playing the tune before we started :(

Needless to say, gave up music lessons soon after :roll:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any less ? I thought it would make us more indervidual, well it depends how you look at it I guess. I think inderviduality is a good thing, it means one is comfortable with themself, and if they are honest with themselves then theres a very good chance they will be honest with you too.

But your right as always LA, its amazing how different people come up with the same solution to a problem through completely different ways.

P44 thanks for that info, I wasnt aware there was other terms, I was tested young for dislexia and put in "cabbage" class all through school, with the exception of biology :P aced that one.

Also, sorry about a post I made in another topic, that may have sparked this thread, I most likely snapped a bit :P

This topic is great, as it was unfair of me to snap, I should have been more involved in helping them understand why some people have difficulty spelling rather then getting worked up about it. So apologies all round :)