February 2, 201016 yr comment_353394 Hi Res Version - how can i make it better? I prefer the high light plants. I would like to get rid of the rotundifolia and replace it with macrandra. Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_353396 Keep the high light plants and replace the rotundifolia with macrandra :lol: It looks awesome the way it is now no need to change it Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_353398 I see that L Aromatica is not doin much for you either. Sweet, make me feel not so bad. Looks awesome. Is this the view from your bed in your old room/Lounge? Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_353402 No this is the tank last night, in my new room (master bedroom). I removed a whole load of plants, chucked some out and gave some to mel, then took this picture. Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_353408 oh is this a shot of after a haircut - you should of taken before and after shots Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_353411 I see that L Aromatica is not doin much for you either. nah. its grown well, but not red. must be some other plant. Keep the high light plants and replace the rotundifolia with macrandra :lol: consider it done :lol: oh is this a shot of after a haircut - you should of taken before and after shots all that stuff I gave you was basically on the LHS corner (rear) and the hygro was growing at the bottom around the pleco caves. Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_353431 Ok here's my opinion: If you wanna completely overhaul your tank I would suggest a finer substrate and better placement of the plants; small at front and large at back instead of big plants everywhere. That would give a nice view of most of the plants you have in the tank. Maybe even cut down on a few species and have larger clumps of the remaining ones? Anywho those are just my thoughts Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_353448 OVERHAUL THE TANK? I think not. :lol: I can't risk that, and its far too stressful with all the plecos in there, my heart would be palpatating. I just meant, redo a couple of plants, cahnge the varieties and not touching the swords and crypts etc. My next tank though (eventually) will have daltons sand in it though Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_353450 maybe move some of the stems/taller plants to the back and have lower plants towards the front? semi dutch style? lol Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353473 ...better placement of the plants; small at front and large at back instead of big plants everywhere. That would give a nice view of most of the plants you have in the tank. Maybe even cut down on a few species and have larger clumps of the remaining ones? +1 Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353611 so my plant placement sucks? naah. i may do that, but after seeing how big a 4x2x2 tank is I really badly want one! then i can plant it well and be happy as. Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353617 How many liters is your tank,3 ft? so my plant placement sucks? naah. i may do that, but after seeing how big a 4x2x2 tank is I really badly want one! then i can plant it well and be happy as. It doesnt suck I like the effect it has looks like a jungle 8) Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353619 LOL no, you have excellent aquascaping skills 8) The red jungle is amazing by any account. :lol: 8) Edit: I wasn't being facetious about your aquascaping skills either. Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353620 4ft. like 200 something L, although dixon differs with the calculation :lol: (long standing joke). lots of plants, lots of catfish, lots of driftwood. awaiting discus. Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353623 4ft. like 200 something L, although dixon differs with the calculation :lol: (long standing joke). lots of plants, lots of catfish, lots of driftwood. awaiting discus. So your tank will be exactly like mine ... lots of catfish ... lots of discus .. lots of driftwood ... you have lots of plants, i'll have less plants so MY fish can actually swim :lol: :lol: Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353626 my fish can swim! :lol: i see the discus begging for food right now. I laid down 2 flat pieces of schist at the bottom when I did the tank up, just so that I would not fill the tank up like I did last time. :lol: Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353627 any one have macrandra for sale? is $28 including shipping too much for 12, 15cm stalks? Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353633 I don't think you should change it at all, you'll just end up upsetting all your fish - and it looks fine just the way it is Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353635 Personally I would have done it completely differently, 'gumi 'scape and such BUT... I like how this is. I don't have the skills or knowledge to create something like this, it looks messy and chaotic yet perfect for the fish it's housing and still pleasing to the eye. Good job 8) Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353642 any one have macrandra for sale? is $28 including shipping too much for 12, 15cm stalks? I would say so, surely someone on here would send you some clippings (if I had any I would). I can't believe how expensive some of these plants are getting these days.. Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353648 yeah, youre telling me. i mean for swords and ferns, moss etc, i can see the reason, but stem plants! man... oh well ill buy 6 stems and soon it'll be growing like a weed. :lol: Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353652 mine was a bit cheaper for that for 12 ($20 I think...) but they arrived and were all munched in the mail :evil: and it's just starting to grow back now ask in a month maybe? lol more pictures as well maybe?? hehe Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_353671 That tank would have to be 200L MAX including both the big canister filters :lol: Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_353681 That tank would have to be 200L MAX including both the big canister filters :lol: 3 of them now. :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.