To ghost or not to ghost?

fish_fingers

I'm neither a believer or not, never seen one but that means nothing in it's self.....but.....In my Mother in laws house, where my wife grew up, they have several ghosts. One who they call the geranium lady who they've only seen once or twice but she always bought a strong smell of geraniums with her. There are no Geraniums around the house but every now and then the smell of geraniums is suddenly over powering, and they all say G'day to her, now here's the really spooky bit, we live miles away from there yet after both our sons were born we suddenly smelt the overwhelming scent of geraniums on and off for a few weeks after, almost as if she was popping in for a look see.

BELIEVE IT, OR NOT.....

i have a ghost,it lives in my spare room and haunts the crap out of me,has caused me to move out on several occasions,its my mother in law.......wait......shez alive does that count??? lol joking

i kinda beleive but really wish i didnt on the nights that im home alone,will say tho that just my son was born i was getting changed in the bedroom and my mate was sposed to arrive any minute,i heard footsteps and thought it was her then heard someone talking to archie in the living room and him cooing back,i walked out and noone was there?? but there was a really strong smell of peppermint and archie was staring at the ceiling smiling,called out to see if it was my mate but then when checked my phone she had been delayed half an hour and wasnt anywhere close,completly freakd out and grabbed bub and gapped it.

later that night my partner came home and when i told him bout it he said his nan always smelt of peppermint and was upset when she had died that she had never seen any great grandchildren,it hasnt happened again but i always get goosebumps now when archie starts chattering to thin air :o

I have seen many. From Horses to Humans, from Family Members to unexplained figures. :o

Have both heard, seen and even felt them.

(and no, I was NOT on drugs or drunk at THAT time) :lol:

I'm right up there with you Mystic! I've seen wispy animals run across the road, seen shadows run across the walls, tall white glowing people, hearing my name being called and and no one is there, mysterious footsteps, clocks ticking when no clocks were present or had not been working for months, smelling sweet fragrances, doors slamming, tv flicking through channels, knowing things that I would NEVER EVER know, living people change their appearance i.e. females turn into a male. However, the best was when I saw white lady in a mirror she was very pretty and apparently my friend from another life.

my dog got put down, she used to sleep on my bed everynight and for the next 6 months untill i got another dog there was always a lump on my bed. i would wake up during the night, roll over and kick a big round lump. it would freak me out but was still kinda cool knowing she was there

I'm in limbo about it all. Have had a few freaky experiences that cant be explained. Worst one was when i was working in Japan. Had just got a small telly to put in my kitchen and i turned it off at the wall before bed time. At exactly 11.30pm the telly turned on and i was freaked. I locked my bedroom door but because i had frosted glass in the door i could still see the telly and hear it. (i hid undercover shyte scared) then at 12 midnight it turned off. I told the boss about it the next day and he said trucks travelling past can interfere with reception.??? huh??? the other workers said there's a ghost that usually just turns lights on an off. I gave the telly back the next day.

I'm in limbo about it all. Have had a few freaky experiences that cant be explained. Worst one was when i was working in Japan. Had just got a small telly to put in my kitchen and i turned it off at the wall before bed time. At exactly 11.30pm the telly turned on and i was freaked. I locked my bedroom door but because i had frosted glass in the door i could still see the telly and hear it. (i hid undercover shyte scared) then at 12 midnight it turned off. I told the boss about it the next day and he said trucks travelling past can interfere with reception.??? huh??? the other workers said there's a ghost that usually just turns lights on an off. I gave the telly back the next day.

Man if I'd seen that remake of the Japanese horror film "The Ring" and then my tv went all weird and stuff I would def need a change of underwear!!

Maybe the power switch for the tv was right beside the light switch ; ) poor ghost might have been flicking the wrong one!

i am a sceptic until i see or experience something for myself

i don't doubt that what others experience is a reality to them at the time

i haven't seen a ghost but have had other experiences that would be unexplained by science as we currently know it

our lifes experiences is what makes us who we are

Yeah I'm a bit of a sceptic too. Especially when it comes to alleged photographic evidence of things like orbs, because they can be so easily manipulated. My husband proved to me a few years ago just how easy it was to make orb and ghost photos.

I haven't seen anything myself, but my workmate has some pretty convincing stories of events that can't be explained. Weird things that have happened too often to put down as a coincidence.

Despite whether I'm a believer or not, I still find the subject extremely fascinating.

I've seen TVs turned off and on by handheld CBs. Trucks have large powerful radios.

:o I've seen TVs turned off and on by handheld remotes. Most TV's have them now :wink: :lol:

yes they do & make for a great game of "the motel has a ghost that turns the TV on & off". most motels i have been to have the same tv's & the remotes work through curtains :lol:

as for the ghost thing, i am a sceptic to but not closed minded about things.

fish fingers the clock sound is most probly a Borer of some sort, if its coming from the wall then stops when you get near then yea its probly that.

this topic realy intrigues me actuly , im not a beliver but love to here about peoples paranormal experinces.

ive only had one experince.

i woke at 2am , to a faint chuckling sound that came from outside in the bush (my gfs house which is in the bush) it started to get louder my gf was awake buy now too, it wasent stationary and was moving about.

I went to the lounge as i was gona look threw the curtain, when i got there the dog was standing up on the couch with his straight up and he was just staring out the window, looked like he was concentrating.

I never turned the light on was just using the light of my phone.

I opend the sliding door and let the dog out , he ran staright out to the chuckling sound that had now stoped since i let the dog out , but what ever it was new the dog was coming as you could here it move threw the bush.

The dog reached the spot where it was and started barking he was chasing something, within ten seconds you could here the dog in the paddocks which are say 60m from where the sound was originaly herd, what ever he was chasing was very fast specily to make its way threw the bush at that speed.

well thats about it , havent ever herd a sound like that again. was rather creepy.

yea thats all i got your turn....

I looked up one night in our lounge and plain as day there was a lady standing there in a oldfashioned long white dress and bonnet type hat- then she just vanished. It suprised me but there was no bad feeling or anything.

Lots of other people have seen her walking around here too. When DD2 was a couple of years old she was outside waving and saying Hello to someone - when we asked who she said that white lady standing there.

After Hubbys' beloved Bull Mastiff died. Hubby went away for a few days and there was a low black shaping sliding around the doorways etc. It freaked me out abit. It stopped when Hubby came home. Then we went away and Father in law came down to feed animals he totally freaked out coz he said there was a person with no legs sitting on the end of the couch. We guessed that maybe it was the dog coz that's where he like to sit (sitting up like a person). We didn't see anything like that again.

We live right next door to a pa and heaps of people say they see ghosts around here. Some people won't come back and stay here coz of what they have seen. Kids seem to see alot.

One friends daughter got up in the morning and asked her Mum who all the people walking around inside were.

DD1 saw a big black boat with a big bit sticking up at the front in the harbour. We went down to the beach to have a look and there was nothing there. An Auntie told us that it is seen from time to time and what it's name and meaning were.

About a yr ago we had a guy here who reckoned there were heaps of spriit people around our house and he "cleared" it for us. He saw our 1/2 wild cat who is now 14 and wouldn't come inside ( loves cuddles but would run away). He didn't know that but looked at her sitting outside and said "she will start coming inside now". And the next day she did.!She spends most of her time inside now and trips me up smooching .

So I reckon there is something that we can't explain with science coz loads of people have seen something and I don't think it's just their imagination.

fish fingers the clock sound is most probly a Borer of some sort, if its coming from the wall then stops when you get near then yea its probly that.

this topic realy intrigues me actuly , im not a beliver but love to here about peoples paranormal experinces.

ive only had one experince.

i woke at 2am , to a faint chuckling sound that came from outside in the bush (my gfs house which is in the bush) it started to get louder my gf was awake buy now too, it wasent stationary and was moving about.

I went to the lounge as i was gona look threw the curtain, when i got there the dog was standing up on the couch with his straight up and he was just staring out the window, looked like he was concentrating.

I never turned the light on was just using the light of my phone.

I opend the sliding door and let the dog out , he ran staright out to the chuckling sound that had now stoped since i let the dog out , but what ever it was new the dog was coming as you could here it move threw the bush.

The dog reached the spot where it was and started barking he was chasing something, within ten seconds you could here the dog in the paddocks which are say 60m from where the sound was originaly herd, what ever he was chasing was very fast specily to make its way threw the bush at that speed.

well thats about it , havent ever herd a sound like that again. was rather creepy.

yea thats all i got your turn....

No I don't think in borer, have heard it in a variety of houses, old and new, even at places I worked. I have some understanding as to what the sound. Thanks for your story.

you bidding for a job on the old management team?

:roll: I gather you mean the FNZAS management? Is there one going? No, I enjoy working for the Government too much. As for my comment, I'm more interested in hearing peoples experiences, having worked in the science and medicine field I personally feel it's nice not to have everything explained to death. Leaves a bit of mystery to life.