Tank position opinions and advice please

Caryl

Now my new bathroom is finished I think the vanity could do with a fish tank on it. I happen to have a fish tank that will fit! Serendipity!! :bounce:

I can't decide on which end of the unit to sit the tank, or whether to face it forward or side on.

The photos were taken from the doorway. Behind the door (you can just see the edge of it) is the shower.

If I put the tank on the left (A or C) it can be seen nicely from the door. It can be seen at the other end too but not as easily.

If I put it wide side facing front it is easier to see from the door but I feel the shape suits better to have it side on to the door.

Which way around do you think would look best, and why?

tankchoices.jpg

PS. I will be putting leopardfish, Phalloceros caudomaculatus, in it. Coldwater I know but I thought more people might read this in the freshwater section 8)

It will have a glass lid with a fluoro bulb lying on it covered in a bit of white plastic guttering 8)

That is my standard lighting. I think it will need something as the leopardfish are so well camouflaged, and small, you won't be able to see them. Perhaps I need to consider more colourful species :roll:

Toilet patrons don't need to worry about their heads as the loo is in a separate room. :wink:

Thanks to Siran, I think the A choice is in the lead at the moment :lol:

I think the A position as the other side looks like it may get too much direct light on it and if you don't have it facing that way you won't see whats in it anyways.

I think a planted tank would look nicer than one with fish in it but given that I like plenty of room on my sink top I most probably wouldn't put one in there at all. :D

By the way the bathroom looks very very nice. :hail:

Identical light whichever side it is on. May be slightly brighter in A due to the open door but it is the south side of the house.

Thanks Adodge. I am very pleased with it. 8)

If I leave the top as is it will get all sorts of stuff dumped on it - and most of it probably won't actually belong in the bathroom!

There is not that much condensation. We have a heater plus the sucky motor thingie in the ceiling. The switches have RCDs in them. People plug hairdryers and shavers etc into bathroom sockets so why not filters, lights etc?

Having thought about the comments re the lighting and the height of the tank I htink I might set the tank up in the lounge instead and put something else in the bathroom (or set up another tank with colourful tropical fish instead. Not fighters though as I am not too keen on them :wink: