So what's everyone doing for Christmas??

Christmas at my sister in laws - about 16 of us ranging in age from 16 - 81. 5 nights in Waiheke Island from 9-15 Jan and then I'm back to work. No Chrissy pressie for me this year as we had a month in Europe and have now purchased a 6 person spa pool which arrives next week.

Tinytawny - I have pm'd you.

its in my outbox!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just on here to whinge now. Not having Christmas any more :( My little baby Luca who is 4 months old has an infection and it will be a children's ward Christmas. Sigh. On a positive note it does mean we can avoid all the family crap which sometimes comes with Christmas, and I get to just spend Christmas with my husband and two beautiful boys. And some medical professionals!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas :)

HI, sorry I didn't mean to make this thread all about Luca! We are home now, as of midday. l It was a really nice day actually, first time Christmas has been low key with just my husband and the children. Luca is much better, has finished his IV antibiotics and sent home on oral ones. They aren't really sure what the infection was but thankfully ruled out meningitis and leukaemia just to be safe. Whew. The children's ward was a sea of sparkling fairy lights and there was a big sack of gifts for him waiting next to his cot when we woke in the morning - really generous, from various companies, banks, charities, etc. I can imagine it would be very hard for a family with a really sick child though.

Great news to hear and hopefully all will be good from now on.

We had a really nice day with family and their respective partners etc. It was pretty hot up here but Christmas lunch consisted of the traditional turkey with new potatoes and a great range of salads instead of the roast vegetables that I remember having as a child many many years ago. Today my son & his partner departed for Whangamata, my daughter heads to Papamoa on Monday to meet up with her boyfriend and my niece departs on New Years eve heading to Uganda with the Christian Tear Fund to help build a school over there so it will be a while until we are all together again.