Trademe Sucess Fees.

Anthony

Success fees

Up to $150 6.9% of sale price (50c minimum)

$150 - $1500 $10.35 + 4.5% of sale price over $150

Over $1500 $71.10 + 1.9% of sale price over $1500 (max fee = $149)

Dicuss... What are your thoughts on how much they are charging?

I understand they have a business to run but its ridiculous on how much they are charging...

Discuss please....

does anyone reguarly use ebay? what are there fees?

Beat me to it bro. I use ebay heaps. But thats for buying... havent sold anything on there in ages and I CBB with international shipping as not many kiwis use it... but I just checked:

First 5 items per month have no listing fees - only pay when they sell. Insertion fees range upto $4.00 + $ for extra features.

Success fees: (US$)

$0.01 - $25 - 8.75%

$25 - $1000 - 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)

Over $1000 - 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value)

Beat me to it bro. I use ebay heaps. But thats for buying... havent sold anything on there in ages and I CBB with international shipping as not many kiwis use it... but I just checked:

First 5 items per month have no listing fees - only pay when they sell. Insertion fees range upto $4.00 + $ for extra features.

Success fees: (US$)

$0.01 - $25 - 8.75%

$25 - $1000 - 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)

Over $1000 - 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value)

haha, So it's more than trademe it looks like.

well i think the fee's are abit rank :o actually it cost us to list things then they take sucess fee's to!!!! then as soon as your accounts in dept they send an email saying please credit your account :roll:

but then again it is a good place to sell and buy!!!!!!!!!

Thats where ebay has it sussed quite a bit - its possible to contact sellers direct if you know how, so even if they are done out of a success fee, theyve still got their insertion fee.

Also being able to purchase brand new items from abroad rather than paying ridiculous prices here is an advantage - and paypal is an excellent service.

Thats where ebay has it sussed quite a bit - its possible to contact sellers direct if you know how, so even if they are done out of a success fee, theyve still got their insertion fee.

Also being able to purchase brand new items from abroad rather than paying ridiculous prices here is an advantage - and paypal is an excellent service.

I've found, at least in what I look at, that a lot of the trademe "businesses" just buy from overseas websites, tack on a big profit margin and resell stuff here. Might as well just go straight to the source.:)

Compare how much estate agents make for the little they do. And they make you pay separately for the only thing that directly costs them, the advertising.

Sometimes real estate agents get lucky and do little to sell the house, and other times it takes months and heaps of money that goes into advertising. So it averages out.

I am happy to pay those fees---beats standing on the corner wearing a sandwich board. It is an easy way to reach a very large audience so has to be worth something.

Agree completely, try taking your goods to an Auction House or somewhere and see how much they charge you.

My friend took some jewellery she had to sell into a Jewellers, she had one piece valued at $7500 and they said "yeah, we'll buy it, give you $1400" ummm yeah, I expect you have mark up... but come on!

She signed up to TradeMe and said who cares if it costs $149 to sell! She'd still get way more for the items on there than anywhere else!