How do i fix a noisy aqua one CF 1000 Filter.

dwalk

Recently my canister filter has started to be noisy, not long after it had been cleaner. So i took it apart again, cleaned it even more thoroughly, especially around the impellor, and cleaned the hoses out as well. It is still noisy, quite different to the quiet filter i have had for the last 18 months or so. Any suggestions on what else i could try? Should i consider replacing the impellor?

Thanks,

David

i have found they get noisey when there is some air still in it. i would re-syphon/prime the water through it & make sure all air is out of it. failing that make sure the taps are on & water is flowing. :)

i have found taht the taps are usually the problem when they start sucking air also.

I have had noise from air also. If it isn't that you might try lubing the impeller - I read this on Simon's blog post of 19 October: http://www.aquatic-eden.com/

HTH

Thats not my blog. Its an imposter!!!! :o

Mine is www.supasi.wordpress.com

Also, if it is air in the cannister, try laying filter on its side.

If noise stops then its definately air. If it doesnt stop then its the impeller. Check to see it is sitting coorectly with nothing obstructing it.

I have several Aqua one cannisters.

when i have tipped them on their sides in the past it made it worse as there was no water & the impeller seemed to get noisier. I found with mine, i have 3, that if you tilt them with taps at the top once they have been primed so the air gets to head toward the hoses it generally improves it. also use the priming cap which can help as well.

in the future i won't buy the aqua one canisters, they have done a good job for their price but they're quite high maintainence IMO. mine seem to get air leaks regularly which are most around the tap areas. The 3 i have are around 2 years old & are requiring more & more "fiddling" to keep them quiet.

give things a go & see what improves them, sometimes its just trial & error.

:oops: Dude!! They both have just about the same name...Aquatic Eden...MY Aquatic Eden...who would know? I seriously thought you were a very busy blog writer!!! 8) I was SO impressed.....

oh si, another chick no longer impressed with you. better luck next time a? :lol: :wink:

I'll try lying it on the side for a while, and see if that fixes the noise. after that I think i'll replace the impellor. The shaft is Ceramic, so i don't think that will be causing any problems.

I had problems with my inlet tap leaking a few weeks ago. A small but constant drip had started. Looking inside the tap fitting, i oticed that there wasn't ANY washer at all, so a simple, small tap washer later and the leak was fixed. Another option was to fix an o-ring of an appropriate size, but i didn;t have any on hand.

• 2 months later...

Pssst. I have a pair of L046 for sale.

Meet me in central park at midnight.

If you tell the MAF then the fish gets it in the neck 8)

Is this one of those "Opps! Supposed to be a PM! :oops: " moments :o

*imagines being slipped fish from behind a dealers back* :lol: