Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leopard Gecko Caresheet

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Sim and the GEO are both great products. I am happy to get my hands on either one. The $US does have a better exchange rate at the moment but the freight may be much more expensive. Will you be looking into it Doug? I am really keen to get some.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

The Sim and the GEO are both great products. I am happy to get my hands on either one. The $US does have a better exchange rate at the moment but the freight may be much more expensive. Will you be looking into it Doug? I am really keen to get some.

Will be looking into it later next month. Dont think freight will be much if I dont get perlite. Have to check if we can get cups here, should be able to. Prefer the US ones personally.

  • Author

Will be looking into it later next month. Dont think freight will be much if I dont get perlite. Have to check if we can get cups here, should be able to. Prefer the US ones personally.

Perfect. Let me know when you have more info. If I had to choose it would the the US Geo that I prefer as well. Thanks Doug.

They all look nice but will not help them to be fertile or hatch

I have had good luck so far with vermiculite and click clack containers and just water .

I put my container on the scales ... zero it of put in the vermiculite and do a 6 to 4 mix

So if the vermiculite weights say 13g then I x that by .666 which is 8.658g then add that back to the 13g ... 21.658

and that is the weight it should be after you add the water ... 21.5g

Did very well with this

Shed020.jpg

I do mine in sealed plastic containers with vermiculite. Not too many to a container (usually only a clutch of 2 so I know which is hatching). Open them every few days to give fresh air but retain the moisture.

  • Author

Reptilenutt those 2 are so cute! Almost identical :D

I incubate mine in just about any tupperware I have on hand but I do add ventilation holes. The vermiculite is wet to the point that when you squeeze it into a ball it stays in a ball and is just damp and not pouring water from being zqueezed. I open the tubs once every 5 to 6 days and check the vermiculite to see if it is drying out. If I think it is a bit dry I give the tub a spray from a srapy bottle. This method has worked very well for me. I rarely have fungal issues. Have used many different kinds of incubators over the years from different home made ones to store bought. I am currently using the ReptiPro 5000. It is awesome.

The reason why I like the GEO and the SIM is because the eggs are off of the incubation medium which seems to do away with fungal and waterlogging issues. The eggs have also proven to hatch faster for some reason. Cant wait to give it a try.

Nice one Alan. looks like she is going to colour up nicely

Love the orange on the back legs :thup:

very nice :love: how do you know she is a she ??

Incubated 6 eggs from one female to get males and all infertile, also 4 for females before males failed and only 2 like this one (from the same clutch) hatched. Hoping to do better this coming season. Hang in there Al. At least they don't throw water over the electrics when it shakes.

  • 9 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.